HELP 633 Software?

britonk

Hi,

I recently brought a new 633 module with bracket etc! arrived very quickly - really impressed and looks great in my Lian li case.

I have got the module working with Crystal Control and LCD Smartie and it's fantastic but I really can't get the buttons to work?

I know Crystal Control has no facility for them but LCD smartie does and I can't seem to get it to work?

On the "Actions" tab of the software I tried adding a line:

$MObutton(H) = 1 NextScreen

But it doesn;t seem to work. Any ideas? I also read somthing about CrystalFontz writting an NT service that can allow Crystal COntrol to read the buttons but I can't find this.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

britonk said:
Hi,

I recently brought a new 633 module with bracket etc! arrived very quickly - really impressed and looks great in my Lian li case.

I have got the module working with Crystal Control and LCD Smartie and it's fantastic but I really can't get the buttons to work?

I know Crystal Control has no facility for them but LCD smartie does and I can't seem to get it to work?

On the "Actions" tab of the software I tried adding a line:

$MObutton(H) = 1 NextScreen

But it doesn;t seem to work. Any ideas? I also read somthing about CrystalFontz writting an NT service that can allow Crystal COntrol to read the buttons but I can't find this.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Have you tried the 633 WinTest LCD Demonstration Software at 633 Wintest

Crystal Control 2 has provisions to use the buttons but the Screen and setup editor are not released yet so it can make it hard to change your settings by editing the screen and ini files. It runs as a NT service.
It can be found here;
CC2 Forum

britonk

Yeah, The test program reports all the buttons working perfectly. I think I did try CC2 - does it need specially tweaking to use the buttons on the 633 properly?

Got any idea when a proper release will be made?

Thanks for your help,

reider

Welcome to the forums Briton. CC2 is still in beta so the buttons are being worked on. More details will be revealed in time, but many more features are already available within CC2, with more added almost daily.

We don`t usually diagnose LCD Smartie here as we`re dedicated to CC2. However, I use both-if only occasionally with LCD Smartie. I don`t want to start a flood of enquiries on the subject so this will be a one off ;)

Having started the program and checked the correct com port is in use then proceed to check out the buttons against my list as below.

in my test module the keypad is represented as follows

uparrow=E
downarrow=F
leftarrow=G
rightarrow=H

Unused in this instance but....

the tick=I
the cross=J

Now, whilst under the screens tab check the 'last key pressed' field (bottom left) as you press each key. Compare and adjust against my list. Now when you`re happy with that go to the actions tab and add the following exactly as per below. You can just change the keypad allocation letters if necessary.

$M0button(E) = 1 then NextScreen
$M0button(F) = 1 then LastScreen
$M0button(G) = 1 then Backlight(0)
$M0button(H) = 1 then NextScreen(1)

Now, make sure the keypad allocation letter hasn`t been allocated to something else already, if it has then delete it-you can always add back another time. Hit apply, hit OK then go test it out. Neat eh? Wait until you see the CC2 version...... ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

Last edited:

britonk

Hey Steve,

Thanks for that mate - don't know what I was doing before but it seems to work now if a little slugish - think I will just stick to CC1 for now without buttons and wait CC2 release.

Thanks once again!

Bri

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

reider

britonk said:
Hey Steve,

Thanks for that mate - don't know what I was doing before but it seems to work now if a little slugish - think I will just stick to CC1 for now without buttons and wait CC2 release.

Thanks once again!

Bri
It is a wee bit sluggish but just try deleting the other stuff and using just our own keypad entries. Clear the current screen too. Keep an eye on CC2, finished or not its the business!!! Lots of interesting stuff happening soon too, got to run......

It wasn`t me, never said a word...... ;)

Steve