HD44780 & Crystalfontz 634

drerling

I have a Kanam HT200 htpc case with a 16x2 HD44780 (LPT) screen. I also have a Crystalfontz 634 (COM). The 634 setups and works ok, but when I try to add screens on the HD44780 screen CrystalControl2 shuts down.

The 634 is on COM1 (0x378) and the HD44780 is on LPT port (0x278).

I have also tried removing the 634 but gets the same problem with CC2. It shuts down.

Anyone with a clue?

DrE
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

drerling

Thank you for replying. Actually I'm not sure about the version, but I will check as soon as I come home. I've experienced some unstability when changing settings in CC2 but hopefully that will end as well with upgrading to the latest version..

DrE

pottsbgstv

drerling did you ever get your HD44780 working? I'm having the same problem. I have a 20x4 HD44780 and a 635. I'm using the latest Christmas release. i have also noticed other people have problems with the HD44780 also.

Thanks
Have a nice day

Brad

drerling

Actually, I have not tried so much after starting this thread. I came to accept that it was not working :rolleyes:

The other day I had a disk crash leaving my htpc not working. Luckily I have backups of all important media and settings, so I plan to do a complete reinstall. I will try more then.
I was kind of asking for a disk crash using the oldest harddrive I had...

I will update this thread if I find out how to make both screens work simultaneously in my soon-to-come new setup!

DrE