Hd44780 20x4 Help

Marcel.

I have HD44780 20X4 LCD wired up to the parallel port. when i switch on my computer i get the first and 3rd line light up. but when i run ANY lcd control program it doesn't change at all. the port mode is set to EPP. i have port95nt installed.

This is how my lcd is wired:

also
in crystalfontz lcd settings when i go to add a module setup it shows an error

access violation at address 0047B442 in module 'Crystalcontrol.exe'.
read of address 00000018.

and comes up lots of times with different read address's every time.

I'm running windows vista

i wasn't sure if i should put it in this forum or the hardware one, but seeing as my hardware is not crystalfontz i didn't think it was appropriate.

can anyone help me?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
You asked about this on OCAU right?

Anyway... i dont like your chances of getting this running under Vista.
Vista requires new IO port drivers which CrystalControl & CrystalControl2 do not support.

Some other LCD software may support HD44780's under Vista, but im not sure which.

Marcel.

You asked about this on OCAU right?

Anyway... i dont like your chances of getting this running under Vista.
Vista requires new IO port drivers which CrystalControl & CrystalControl2 do not support.

Some other LCD software may support HD44780's under Vista, but im not sure which.
Yeah i did =]

Okay thanks for your help.
i could try lcd smartie but that still requires an I/O driver, maby i could find one for vista

CheezyArmpit

Regardless of your bios settings windows sometimes installs an ECP parallel port driver.

Open device manager, find your parallel port in the list.

If it displays "ECP Parallel Port" then you need to force windows to use a normal parallel port driver, choose to update the driver and select it from a list, under standard port types there should be a driver called "Printer Port", use that one.