Happy 631 camper!

Belgarius

I couldn't have asked for a better install, and for the time being, I am more than satisfied with the performance using CC 1.07 under Windows XP... The display is installed in my Xaser 3 case, and matches the front cover very nicely, I think. I could have replaced my modded Aerogate 2 controller, and used the 632, but I kinda like it as is, and the 631 was a perfect solution.

The brushed aluminum actually matches the front of the case better than the picture shows, flash lighting does that...

Belgarius
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

aafflyer

Looks very nice. Congrats.

As an owner of both a 631 and an Aerogate 2, I'm curious what mod(s) you did to the Aerogate. Do you have any more info you've posted elsewhere perhaps?

Charlie

Belgarius

aafflyer said:
Looks very nice. Congrats.

As an owner of both a 631 and an Aerogate 2, I'm curious what mod(s) you did to the Aerogate. Do you have any more info you've posted elsewhere perhaps?

Charlie
Thanks.

Basically, I installed the Aerogate 2 into a Hardcano 9 frame, since the drive door wouldn't close properly with it extended, and left a huge gap at the top of the case. The Hardcano frame was disassembled, and much time and effort spent with a jeweler's saw, needle files and so forth to make room for the circuitry, and then the Aerogate was stripped, using only the front panel, and installed into the Hardcano frame. Took a bit of trial and error, and several trips to the bathroom to apply fresh ointment and bandaids, but was worth it.

Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't think to take many pictures, but do have a few around here that I am putting a page together with, will post the URL a bit later. Now, if I could only find a way to turn off those confounded blue LED landing lights at night...:(

Belgarius

http://dfxwebs.com/geekmods/aerocano

Last edited: