GPIO pins on 633

lcdud

Is there a way to control the GPIO pins on the 633 independently of the ATX functions? If so, what kind of currents can they sink or source?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
There is no "standard" support for the GPIOs right now. We will customize them to meet the needs of OEM customers on demand.

The pins are rated at + - 20mA.

lcdud

Bummer... ok, can I do the following:

A Fan connector at 0% is "off",
a Fan connector at 100% is "on",

is there any ripple from the PWM motor-speed control on there, or could I "abuse" these ports by connecting a 12V relay (400Ohms = 30mA) with appropriate diode?

CF Tech

Administrator
It should be fine to operate a relay using the fan connector. You might want to insert a "catch diode" just to be sure.

What are you trying to control?

lcdud

CF Tech said:
It should be fine to operate a relay using the fan connector. You might want to insert a "catch diode" just to be sure.

What are you trying to control?
great, just found a 12V dip relay with built-in clamping diode and 1260 Ohms coil. Right now I have a couple of ideas... fueled by the knowledge that 19200 RS232 runs 100ft or better, I can see a number of spots in the house where an LCD might do well.

Can I run the module on a remote power supply (provided it's 5/12) and connect only the Rx/Tx/GND wires on the serial?

I know, lot's of questions. Thanks for the help in advance.

lcdud

btw, if only the pwm duty-cycle was programmable, we could use the fan-connector directly to control an RC servo :)

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad