Getting the correct values from Speedfan

meklubba

Hi,

I've searched the forum in order to avoid a repost, so I hope this isn't. :)

I noticed that there were screens for detecting where the actual readings from Speedfan are. I.e. temp 9-12 or fan 5-8 e.t.c.
I've just installed the latest version of Speedfan, 4.23, and if you in the configure window for Temperatures, Fans and Voltages sorts the sensors you use (just drag and drop) then their order in the list corresponds to the CC2 IDs for that number. The value for the first fan in the list of fans in Speedfan Configuration window for fans can be accessed by the ID for fan01 (962694859) and so on for temps, fans and voltages. :)

My first four temps in Speedfan are (after I orderd them) MB, CPU, HD, Graphics Card and they are all accessable by temp01 to temp04. I have even tried to reorder them in Speedfan and after I click OK watched the changes take place on the LCD. :D

/Daniel
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

For most people they are the same. But, adding another HD is not always logically the next ID in the list or any of the standard issued IDs. The Speedfan Plugin allows 32 temps, 32 voltages etc..... Therefore, for those users who need a seperate test routine to find the ID numbers we have supplied the data. Some have multiple fans, more than the average four most of us have, the test data ascertains what IDs to put into the screens.

I think 6/8 IDs are issued as standard, these work for most people. But then 'most people' doesn`t cover everyones setup. Once the 6/8 issued IDs are exhausted then where do we go from there? Well, we can make new IDs, but need to match them up to temperatures/voltages etc. Therefore, we have test routines, which save the user the hassle of programming/configuring and just point to the correct ID to use. Usually, only the early ID numbers are used, though someone may come up with a setup one day that requires more.

In several instances, the routines saved the day for certain users who could not ascertain the correct ID or any ID to use. This got their readings working where they once didn`t. If yours works without then all is good, if you add hardware in the future and the spare IDs don`t work then this may be useful to diagnose with. I think it says somewhere in the blurb that it will not be of use to everyone, it is simply for diagnosis for those who need it.

Steve

Last edited:

meklubba

I think we mean the same thing.
What I meant was that for instance the first 12 out of 18 (if you have that many) fan senors in Speedfan corresponds to temp01 to temp12.
If you then in Speedfan rearranges the order of the senors, putting the last 6 sensors first, then the first 12 fan sensors in the new list in Speedfan still corresponds to temp01 to temp12.
The only thing that has changed is the data for temp01 to temp12.

So if you add a new HD and it gets last in the list in Speedfan, you just drag it to the order in the list that you want, say 5 instead of 27.

It was not my intention to diminish the work you guys have done to find out the 32 ids for temps, fans and voltages. Just to tell new users of Speedfan that it is not necessary to use the testscreens to find out the id to use. Instead to put the sensors to use in top of the list and then use the IDs provided in the testscreens. I provide an image to try to show what I mean.

/Daniel

Attachments

reider

If it works for you then all well and good. We had users hardware showing E01 and this gave the data to put in a screen to fix it. Result, happy users-problem solved.

Steve

Last edited: