Email Screens (631 and 634)

reider

(1) Email (634).zip
I`ve tidied up the 634 email screen which had 'lastest' instead of 'latest' email in it. We all make smelling mistakes occasionally. Added question marks to the User Prompts too.

(2) Email (631).zip
The 631 email hasn`t missed out either. Added question marks to the user prompts. Changed the first and second line as follows

New Emails: 1
Fred Your Mail

Where it used to display

New Emails:

Fred is the bogus name of the sender and Your Mail is the bogus message in question. Not much room on a 2x20 screen to do much more but hey, its functional!

(3) Steve Mail (634).zip
For those who don`t like to answer too many questions I`ve edited a 634 email screen to just ask you the password only. These details are readily available to anyone in Windows anyway. I left the password as it is for obvious reasons, I`m sure it will be encrypted some time in the future.Everything else is filled in manually as explained in the same window where the zip file is. Added Question marks and got rid of the spelling mistake.

(4) Steve Mail (631).zip
For those who don`t like to answer too many questions I`ve also edited a 631 email screen to just ask you the password only. These details are readily available to anyone in Windows anyway. I left the password as it is for obvious reasons, I`m sure it will be encrypted some time in the future. Everything else is filled in manually as explained in the same window where the zip file is. Added Question marks and changed the file as in number (2) to the following

Fred Your Mail

(5) Steve Mail Scroll (634).zip
Not really sure if I like this one, but read under the associated thread and see what you think. Maybe you might wish to use it. Only rolled it out to the 634 manual entry as I`m not sure its stopping.

Don`t forget screen requests can be posted in Screen Requests:

Steve
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

reider

Email (634).zip has been tidied up, simple spelling mistake taken out and question marks added to user prompts to make it user friendly. Other than that and the title it remains the same as before.

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Email (631).zip has been tidied up, question marks added to user prompts to make it user friendly. Changed the first and second line as follows

Fred Your Mail

Where it used to display

New Emails:

Fred is the bogus name of the sender and Your Mail is the bogus message in question. Not much room on a 2x20 screen to do much more but hey, its functional!

Other than that and the title, it remains the same as before.

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Steve Mail (634).zip Added Question marks and got rid of the simple spelling mistake.

Removed three of the four user prompts, leaving just the password one-which should be changed to an encrypted form in the future. I changed the three prompts to enable static answers in the file, these are readily available to anyone in windows anyway. If you wish to use this screen then change as follows

opt07="server_addr=my.mail.co.za"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=africa"

Locate the above three opt codes, 07, 08 and 09. Carefully, without removing the quotes or any other code change the details to suit your email setup. Only the bits in bold as below should be changed.

server_addr=my.mail.co.za
server_port=110
user_name=africa

So, if your mail server was our.mail.co.us and server port was 110 and user name was letmein then you would change to this

opt07="server_addr=our.mail.co.us"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=letmein"

All other details in the file would remain the same, save and add the screen, restart the LCD panel and there you go, only one box to fill in now.... well done!

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Steve Mail (631).zip Added Question marks and changed the first and second line as follows

Fred Your Mail

Where it used to display

New Emails:

Removed three of the four user prompts, leaving just the password one-which should be changed to an encrypted form in the future. I changed the three prompts to enable static answers in the file, these are readily available to anyone in windows anyway. If you wish to use this screen then change as follows

opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=africa"

Locate the above three opt codes, 07, 08 and 09. Carefully, without removing the quotes or any other code change the details to suit your email setup. Only the bits in bold as below should be changed.

server_port=110
user_name=africa

So, if your mail server was our.mail.co.us and server port was 110 and user name was letmein then you would change to this

opt08="server_port=110"

All other details in the file would remain the same, save and add the screen, restart the LCD panel and there you go, only one box to fill in now.... well done!

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Steve Mail (634).zip Added Question marks and got rid of the simple spelling mistake. For this screen only I`ve added a Sender: title and a Subject: title. The subject title will probably scroll due to the 20 character overflow rule. I can make them both scroll from default if anyone requires that. I haven`t rolled this one out to the other screens because I`m not awfully sure I like it!!! You are the Judge and the Jury.

opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=africa"

server_port=110
user_name=africa

opt08="server_port=110"

Attachments

Last edited: