Email Checker Plugin Not Working

MrAnt

I have recently upgraded to CC220060325 and after I reinstalled, the email checker does not work. I enter all the correct information, but all the screen shows is [E01]. I'm assuming this means error. And I looking in the log and it has this:
Sat 28 12:32:44 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:32:59 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:33:14 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:33:29 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:33:44 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:33:59 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:34:14 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:34:29 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:34:44 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:34:59 ERROR timed_read: did not get response after 15 seconds
Sat 28 12:35:24 ERROR check_mail: password not accepted for "*mailserver*"
Sat 28 12:36:27 ERROR check_mail: password not accepted for "*mailserver*"
Sat 28 12:37:27 ERROR check_mail: password not accepted for "*mailserver*"
Sat 28 12:41:54 ERROR check_mail: password not accepted for "*mailserver*"
Now I know that my password is correct. Is it possible the plugin is not sending the password correctly? and what is the timed_read error? If anyone can help I would very grateful. I really don't want to revert to an older CC2, I really enjoy the quicker restart times.

Thank you,
--MrAnt--
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
What email program are you using? For me, I have never been able to get CC2 to work with Outlook.

JC

MrAnt

I didn't know the email checker works with a program...I thought it pulls the data directly from the POP server, so it wouldnt matter what email program your using. Am I mistaken? Either way, I use Thunderbird. And if the plugin is designed to work with an external email app, what program was it written to be used with?

--MrAnt--

jc634

Administrator
Sorry. Perhaps I should have explained myself better.:eek: Outlook does not CC2. The few times that I have used the CC2 email plug-in seemed to return info from my email account, but then would lock out Outlook from accessing my email account.

From what I can remember, I *believe* that the email routine has not changed for quite some time. You would need to verify with CCadmin, tho.

Unfortunately, I no longer have a POP3 account, so I can't verify if the current version works or not.:(

I'm not sure what you mean when you say: "I have recently upgraded to CC220060325 and after I reinstalled". Did you install over the original or uninstall/reinstall? *If* you installed over the original, you might simply delete the email screen, and add it back again. Sometimes, this works.

BTW, [E01] is an error mesage. Regarding the timed_read, I can't say for sure, but it would seem that this would relate to a "time-out", where CC2 did not get a response from your email server. Again, CCadmin would have to verify.

JC