Download/Upload speeds with bargraph?

dhs

anyone has been able to do that?

Also, with a graph like the CPU one would be nice too.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

dhs said:
anyone has been able to do that?

Also, with a graph like the CPU one would be nice too.
Yes it can be easily done, it will require you to make some changes because your network card name will be different than mine. Let me go fiddle for a few minutes....

daks001

I have not tested this one yet (just that it has stuff on the screen) gotta go to work. But you'll have to edit these lines to match your systems...

opt02="full_name=\Network Interface(Intel[R] PRO_1000 CT Network Connection)\Bytes Received/sec"

opt02="full_name=\Network Interface(Intel[R] PRO_1000 CT Network Connection)\Bytes Sent/sec"

If you run perfmon.exe you'll get the correct info from perfdump.txt.

Hope this works, let me know and I'll make any changes after work.

Attachments

dhs

Ok, i'm beginning to undestand the basics of the screens code.

Here's a fixed version for a 634 (italian, just change the name of the interface is needed).

I'd like to know how to get values in Kbytes instead of bytes (in the format xx.y), so i can use those values both for numerical and graphical purposes.

Is there any chance we get a mini-language-manual while we wait for a screen editor?

For example, i'd like to know how to "size" the min/max values for the graphbars (and how to specify a data source for them, i found nothing :(), what are the options (both for rows and single entities), and so on.

Any help?

thanx.

Attachments

Last edited:

daks001

dhs said:
Ok, i'm beginning to undestand the basics of the screens code.

I'd like to know how to get values in Kbytes instead of bytes (in the format xx.y), so i can use those values both for numerical and graphical purposes.

For example, i'd like to know how to "size" the min/max values for the graphbars (and how to specify a data source for them, i found nothing :(), what are the options (both for rows and single entities), and so on.

Any help?

thanx.
Use this information at your own risk, it is just what I've figured out and may not be accurate and I am no programmer.... I'll touch on some of the basics and the plugins used for this screen display example.

[pre] <like a begining statement for the module type
rows=2 <These next two are self explanitory
cols=20

[from00] <From an outside plugin the 00 # increases seq. for each from "sub-routine/group".

from="cc2_perfmon.ini" <name of the plugin to be used and it's ini file.

sec="perf#" <this is written in the plugin's ini file and is plugin specific, the # though gets translated into a sequential number in the plugin's ini file.

opt01="id=@01" <all the opt's are plugin specific for what they do but there are alot of common elements, here the "variable name" is assigned, the @04 creates a random number to be used for this "id"

opt02="full_name=\Network Interface(Intel[R] PRO_1000 CT Network Connection)\Bytes Received/sec" <this line tells the cc2_perfmon plugin to read \Networ... from your Windows system.

opt03="precision=0" <this tells how many decimal points ie 2 if you want 10.00, 1 if you want 10.0

opt04="multiplier=1" <Multiplied to the value collected from cc2_perfmon.dll so if you have 1000 and want 1 change this to 0.001

[from02] <We collected the information from Perfmon above and assigned it the @01 so now we are going to put it in a histogram if this was your second From in the screen it would be assigned from01...

from="cc2_histogram.ini" <Now we are using the histogram plugin
sec="graph#" <plugin specific but the # is there.
opt01="id_data=@01" <For histogram it needs to know what data to read, in this case the @01 is the Network info from above

opt02="width=10" <How many colums wide...

opt03="height=1" <How many rows high (fullscreen 634 would be 4)

opt04="id3=@" <Very top row of a 634
opt05="id2=@" <Second from top row of a 634
opt06="id1=@" <Second from Bottom of 634,633,631 etc.
opt07="id0=@06" <Bottom row of all, the @06 here is the "graphical id" that I'll use for the bottom row in this screen. add more @0X numbers to the above 3 lines if you plan to use them but remember the # of lines used must match the height= line further up.

opt08="scroll_speed=1500" <how slow it scrolls across the screen the higher the slower.

opt09="graph_min=0" <Minimum value for the graph

opt10="graph_max=!What is the max Receive speed in Bytes/Sec ie 5000" <Here you could put in the Maximum value of the graph but in this case the ! sign prompts for user input for the value.

opt11=id_gmin=@" < current min value for the graph

opt12="id_gmax=@" <current max value of the graph.

> Each [fromXX] gets written to the "called" plugin's ini file every time you load a screen.

[screen] <Now we start work on the screen this data goes to the service.ini file

screen_name="Net Send/Receive Usage Histogram" <What you see on the configuration menu after you've loaded the screen.

options=0 <I *Think* this one determins the screen centering and scroll options see row options below...

alt_delay=5000 <How long the screen is displayed when the CC2 service is in screen alternate mode.

[r00] <r is for row and the number from the top down as 00, 01, 02, 03

options=0 <How the row behaves, 0 is left justify but it will scroll if you go over a total of 20 (or 16 depending on your model) characters so it can display the whole line.

< -- ROW OPTIONS
<ROW_SCROLL 0x01
<ROW_BOUNCE 0x02
<ROW_CENTER 0x04
<ROW_SCENTER 0x08

[r00-i00] <r00, first row, -i00 means first section

length=5 <how long that section is

string="Send:" <string= text that you want to display.

[r00-i01] <first row, second section

length=5

options=0 <left justify

> -- ITEMS OPTIONS
> use with "length="
>ITEM_RIGHTJUST 0x01
>ITEM_CENTER 0x02

id=@01 <up at the top of this example I assigned @01 to the opt01 of the cc2_perfmon plugin, so now this is the position that the data's value will get displayed...

[r00-i02] <first row, third section
id=@06 <here the graphical output from the histogram is displayed.

I hope that helps....

Araya213

I've modified this screen to suit my needs. What i have done is make it measure in kbps (0.001) and removed the histograph. The screen looks just like this

Sending: XX kbps
Receiving: XX kbps

Pretty straightforward, very simple screen. If anyone wants it post here and i'll post it for you guys.

Is there a way to slow this down so that it doesn't refresh the speeds so often??

Last edited:

dhs

Thanks for th mini-manual.

A thing left out: is there any way to size the min/max values of a graphbar?

ciao.

daks001

dhs said:
Thanks for th mini-manual.

A thing left out: is there any way to size the min/max values of a graphbar?

ciao.
Sorry I missed this post.

opt09="graph_min=0" <Minimum value for the graph

opt10="graph_max=!What is the max Receive speed in Bytes/Sec ie 5000" <Here you could put in the Maximum value of the graph but in this case the ! sign prompts for user input for the value.

Crackers

I can't this to work for me :(

I replaced the adapter name with the name that came up in the perfdump.txt file. Which came up as

NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport

I tried that and the shorter name that device manager shows, both with no results. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

daks001

Crackers said:
I can't this to work for me :(

I replaced the adapter name with the name that came up in the perfdump.txt file. Which came up as

NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport

I tried that and the shorter name that device manager shows, both with no results. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Zip up your perfdump.txt file and attach it to a message and I'll have a look for you.

Crackers

Thanks. I have a 634 btw. I tried modifying it to fit it, so its possible I messed up in doing that. I'm still working on figuring the screen making out and I don't think I would have a clue yet if it wasn't for your mini-guide :)

Attachments

daks001

Crackers said:
Thanks. I have a 634 btw. I tried modifying it to fit it, so its possible I messed up in doing that. I'm still working on figuring the screen making out and I don't think I would have a clue yet if it wasn't for your mini-guide :)
Ok to make it work on a 634, I had to change the rows=2 to row=4 in the [pre] block and rename the file to *.2004 .

Everything we've written for the 631 will work on the top two
rows on a 634, just changing those two things. :)

I copied the network interface from your perfdump to the correct lines in the screenfile. If there is anything you want on the bottom two rows for this screen let me know and we can work through it.

Hopefully this works on your system, let me know....

Attachments

Crackers

Thanks Daks

I compared your file to mine and they were identical. Except yours worked when I loaded it. Of course this made me curious, so I removed my screen from the list, re-added it, then restarted cc2. It worked after that. All this time after I would make a change to the file, I was only restarting cc2. I guess you have to remove your screen from the list and re-add it? I made a couple of changes to the screen to test it and so far it seems true. Is it just me, or is that how its suppose to be done?

EDIT: I edited it to use bargraphs, KB/s, and all 4 lines in a 634 just to see if I could. It looks nice

Last edited:

daks001

Crackers said:
Thanks Daks

I compared your file to mine and they were identical. Except yours worked when I loaded it. Of course this made me curious, so I removed my screen from the list, re-added it, then restarted cc2. It worked after that. All this time after I would make a change to the file, I was only restarting cc2. I guess you have to remove your screen from the list and re-add it? I made a couple of changes to the screen to test it and so far it seems true. Is it just me, or is that how its suppose to be done?

EDIT: I edited it to use bargraphs, KB/s, and all 4 lines in a 634 just to see if I could. It looks nice
Yes every time you edit a screen it must be removed and re-installed. The cc2_config program reads the screens and writes the ini files when they are installed. Otherwise it does not know if you've made changes to the screen. Cc2_service just reads ini files.

Glad to see your getting the hang of the screens! Not so bad once you get to used to it!