DOW sensors and CC2

jkenzie

I just reinstalled my 633 (been working flawlessly for three years) on my new system and have a 635 on the way. Previously I’ve been using the original software to monitor and display readings from ten DOW sensors.
After installing CC2, I’m impressed with all the added functionality, but I’ve been unable to get my sensors to display. Is there a way to do this in CC2? Am I just missing something?
Another thing I noticed while reading the manual, it shows a screen setup tab in configuration. The version I downloaded only has Module setup and General Options.
I tried reinstalling but still, not screen setup tab.

Thanks,
John
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
I just reinstalled my 633 (been working flawlessly for three years) on my new system and have a 635 on the way. Previously I’ve been using the original software to monitor and display readings from ten DOW sensors.
After installing CC2, I’m impressed with all the added functionality, but I’ve been unable to get my sensors to display. Is there a way to do this in CC2? Am I just missing something?
What have you tried to get them displayed?
What screens have you loaded?

Another thing I noticed while reading the manual, it shows a screen setup tab in configuration. The version I downloaded only has Module setup and General Options.
Wow, i cant believe i missed that... no one else noticed it was missing either.
Looks like ill be releasing a new version soon :)

jkenzie

I have actually gotten sensors 1-4 to display with JC_SCAB-temps1and 2-ani screens.
But I have ten+ sensors to display. The animation is cool, but I would rather have the space for the sensor description if needed.
My computer is entirely water-cooled with an external chiller system; the only fan I use is in the power supply. My primary use for this LCD is for temp and system performance display.
Those are the only screens I have found so far to display information from the Dow sensors. I have only been using CC2 for a couple of days so it may take me some time to get up to speed. Can you guide me to some info that might help me make some custom screens?

CF Mark

Administrator
Custom screens are quite tough to make.

Unless you want to make lots of different screens, i suggest you ask for help in the user screen discussion sub-forum.
One of the guys in there might be able to help you and if they cant ill see what i can come up with.

jkenzie

I opened the two existing screens up in notepad and compared them side by side to see how they worked. Although I don’t fully understand where the ID numbers are derived from, I was able to modify the existing screen for my needs. I just continued the existing string of four sensors to include ten available sensors. Then I changed the screen name to make three more screens avaible to use. Now I can display all ten of the Dows on my 633.