Documentation suggestion

IanB

Hi CF people. I'm trying to use the datasheet for the CFA-635 with SCAB (PDF version 1.4) and I'm getting some progress. Here are some suggestions which IMHO would make the doc more user-friendly.

Stick to either decimal or hex (preferred) when listing the command codes. As an example: the docs say on success command code 19 (decimal) should report back 0x40 | 19. To interpret that in my head, it's either convert 19 to hex then bitwise or that with 0x40; or convert 0x40 to decimal and sum the two. It just means a little more complication than is necessary to work with the display.

Also, how about putting one command code per page - I can't see you printing a huge number of these and it makes things much clearer. I know it would be wasteful should anyone ever print this out, but in my copy several commands are split over two pages.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

IanB

Also, I think that the spec is wrong for the temperature sensor report (0x82): I think data[1] is LSB and data[2] is MSB. The algorithm works because Intel machines are little-endian.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Tech

Administrator
Thank you for your suggestions. I will suggest the changes. I think there is a good chance the hex/decimal could happen, but the pagination probably willl not.

IanB

IanB said:
Also, I think that the spec is wrong for the temperature sensor report (0x82): I think data[1] is LSB and data[2] is MSB. The algorithm works because Intel machines are little-endian.
Same for the fan speed report data. data[2] is LSB and data[3] is MSB.