Displaying BMP files on GRaphic LCD

Ramachandra

Could any one please let me know the method of displaying the
BMP files on the Graphic LCD " CFA240128D-FMI-T" which uses LCD controller LC7981

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
You basically need some utility on the PC that will convert a BMP to the correct data definitions for your processor.

I'll PM you an ancient one I wrote years ago.

Ramachandra

Graphic LCD CFAG240128D

I have generated binary image of a BMP file using my own utility.
Now I understood the BMP file format.

Now I an trying to dump these characters to the LCD, but I do not know the reason, some thing is getting messed up.
It displays till 144 bits in row 0 and then goes blank or some times some other part of the LCD pixes are ON.
I have set the LCD to graphic mode with a necessary initialiozation. But I do not know how far it is correct

Can you please provide me , a step by step guide to display the binary data to LCD , with initialization details. (I count not get much info on this in the product spec , that I have downloaded from crystalfontz website

Thanks

CF Tech

Administrator
That same code I PM'd you has a routine to display the bitmap.

What you are describing sounds like a hardware or cable problem. How long is the cable? You might want to try a 0.1uF decoupling capacitor between ground and +5v at the display.