Dead CFAG12864B-TMI-N

Swifty

Dead CFAG12864B-WGH-N - Can someone plz assist

I can't seem to get my CFAG12864B-WGH-N to power up, I have fitted a negative voltage generator (ICL7660CSA) but when its plugged in nothing happens, adjusting the 10k pot between pins 3, 18 & +5V does nothing... presumably i should see something?
-=edit=-
I don't beleive it! there are two more components missing :( I missed them when comparing between the photo of the CFAG12864B-WGH-V ! Can someone tell me what these components are so that I can get this thing finally working ;)
The components are marked in this photo: http://groups.msn.com/CorsaGSi/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=34
Cheers
Neil
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

PaNiC

Those components are capacitors.

Are they missing from the LCD module?
You can't just solder them on as there must be a reason for why they are missing. I don't think that they were just forgotten in the manufacturing process.

And as far ao i know about graphic LCDs they show up blank when they power on. You have to initialize it and send data to it before it displays anything.

Typically the caps for the 7660 are 0.1uF, 10v or higher. Those in the photo look like size 1206.

You could always try an external negative supply, just to test things out. A 6 volt battery would do, + to ground, - to one end of your pot. Even without initialization, you ought to be able to get the active area to go from clear to black as you go toward more negative voltage on pin 3.

Swifty

PaNic: The components are missing because I accidentally ordered the WGH-N, instead of the WGH-V.

Cosmicvoid: Thanks very much, i'll look into what you suggested and see what happens ;)

Cheers

Swifty

THANK YOU COSMICVOID!!! :D
I just hooked the LCD up to a 6V supply and ITS ALIVE :cool:
It looked a little wierd at first, and I thought somehow I had killed the display but I hooked up the interface and it looks fine now.. apart from the screen being the wrong way round :p its split vertically down the center of the screen and what should be displaying on the left side is displaying on the right.. and vice versa. I have checked the wiring against the schematic I have and its all correct.. but I guess i'll just swap the data round the other way.
Anyway.. I have one final favour to ask :) could you just confirm that the cap "YR75S" (at the bottom of the list) here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040913174941408&moduleno=318 would be suitable ?
As I can't seem to get any surface mount stuff locally, so presumably these would do the job, but are just packaged differently ?
Are the SM caps polarised ? as far as I know these caps are not.. is that correct?

Really appreciate all of your help, hopefully I can get this little beauty working from something other than batteries tomorrow :D

Cheers
Neil

-=edit=- Ok I've now sorted the problem of the reverse screen I just switched the CS1 & CS2... so I just need to know about the caps now ;)

Last edited:
Yes, that part from Maplin would be OK, but they're rather large, and it would look rather kludgey. But I suppose thats not too important. No, those caps are not polarized.

BTW, I've got a small stash of 0.1uF in size 1206. I'd be willing to mail you a few if you want to PM your postal address to me.

Swifty

Thanks once again! ;)
I'll just call into maplin tomorrow and grab a couple of those caps because i'm in the uk, also it is going to be enclosed at the back so it won't matter too much how it looks.. hopefully I can just get it up and running :)

Cheers
Neil

-=edit=- **** spelling :rolleyes:

Swifty

Well I've tried the caps and it still won't come on :(
I think I'm gonna just give it up and re-order one but make sure I order the correct one this time :rolleyes:
Oh well thanks for the help anyway....:(