Custom Boot Screen Howto?

CURTISBEEF

How do we change the boot screen in ver 2.0 are you developing software to do this
Cant wait for mine to arrive!!!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
1) Use any software you want to make the display show exactly what you would like the boot screen to be. WinTest is probably the easiest.

Here is a hint for WinTest: Set up the scrolling marquee first, then edit the rest of the screen.

2) Save the screen to the EEPROM:

\009\005

3) Instruct the display to show your screen at boot and leave it up until a character is received by the display:

\009\003

4) Enjoy!

CF Tech

Administrator
If you run WinTest, you can just "type" to the LCD by clicking in the white "edit" box (and you can also use the arrow keys to move around the display). Once the LCD shows what you want, you just send the \009\005 and \009\003 and that becomes the new boot screen.

Americanfreak

ok I've played with WinTest and it is much smarter than me.....
I give up.......maybe some one could write a bootscreen program...

anyone able to get stuff into the boot screen besides just what you type in?

Chepaman

crystalfontz

When you say:

Once the LCD shows what you want, you just send the \009\005 and \009\003 and that becomes the new boot screen.

Do you mean you type those codes into the lil white bar? To send them?

Thanks

Americanfreak

PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Thank You Thank You!!!!!

cause wintest just gets me all confused......maybe because I have to think? hehehehe

CURTISBEEF

Americanfreak said:
PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Thank You Thank You!!!!!

cause wintest just gets me all confused......maybe because I have to think? hehehehe
K i will trow something togeather tonight :)

CURTISBEEF

Yay i totally forgot about it because my 80gb drive died so i have been busy...
I will finish it up soon
If you have AIM oriveat message me you SN and i will trow something your way

Joaquin

Hey Beef! I'd love to get my hands on that as well as WinTest is also smarter than I am. (big suprise there)

Tks

Joaquin:)

Rocko

\009?

The code \008 is backspace and code \010 is LineFeed, but code \009 is documented as "not used" (ref: p. 4 section "Display Codes" v1.x pdf doc). What does it do exactly? Do you have an updated document for us to view?

Last edited: