CSF635-TMF Firmware v1.6 -Upgrade?

Tzser

Hello,

I purchased the DS635AKTMFKU3 kit on 7/2009. I noticed that your website lists a new updated firmware for this product (v1.6). Is there a way for existing customers to be able to manually flash their hardware? Thanks in advance.

Anastasios
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
Anastasios:

The new firmware requires a simple hardware modification along with the firmware flash. To flash the firmware, you would need a PSoC programmer. The main issue we have is letting out the firmware itself, as it is proprietary.

We would be more than happy to update the module for you. Is your module v1.1 hardware?

CF Tech

Administrator
Unless you have a specific problem that is specifically fixed by the new firmware, it would not make sense to upgrade. The design is very stable. Most of the changes are to make manufacturing easier--I do not think there are any operational problems in either version.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Tzser

Thanks for the responses. I agree, no need to upgrade then unless a future firmware solves issues pertinent to the units function....which is not the case here.

Thanks Again,

Anastasios