Crystalfontz Sponsors Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Portland

CF Tech

Administrator
My wife, Janet has a life-long friend who has recently battled with breast cancer.

Having something like that happen to a close friend has a way of making you think about what is important. In response, Crystalfontz has sponsored the "FemmeFus" team that will run on September 21 in Portland, Oregon.

Here is a link to donate.

Janet designed the team page, will run in the race (a feat of physical effort well beyond my abilities!), and for the first few donations over $77 (the donation size that will pay for a mammogram for a woman who otherwise could not afford it), she is kicking in some awesome hand made lampwork "pink ribbon" beads. Here are some examples:

So after all the work Janet has put in on this project, I thought I would call on the Crystalfontz community to support out this great cause. Let's help make a difference to "Save the Ta-Tas".

Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
FemmeFus in 2nd position for Portland Race

Thanks to all the support we have received from the Crystalfontz forum community for the Race for the Cure.

The team sign-up for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Portland is now closed. We had a total of 38 racers sign up for team FemmeFus. The Crystalfontz support pledge for $200 per racer means a $7600 donation to the cause.

This pushed team FemmeFus from obscurity to 2nd place in the Portland team standings:

http://race.komenoregon.org/site/TR?fr_id=1050&pg=entry

There is still time to make your own contribution. Please consider any amount you are comfortable with. Ever bit helps!

CF Tech

Administrator
A quick update!

Thanks a ton to all the Crystalfontz forum members that have helped to support the Susan G. Komen Race for the cure. Here is a quick update of what is going on.

1) The FemmeFus team has now raised over $13,000 for the cure.

2) They (well, Janet, my wife) made a video for Lance Armstrong's "Dare to Challenge" contest, and it is in the top 10.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

(beginner) Give the FemmeFus team a vote on the video. It is quick, easy, and will help the publicity of the cause if they win. Just click here:

http://www.livestrong.com/video/5028-dare-challenge-finalist-femmefus/

and then click on the vote.

(intermediate) Watch the video, think about someone in your life that has battled with breast cancer.

(advanced) Dig out the credit card, and go DONATE. Even a $5 donation does tons to keep the team motivated.