crystalfontz 634 v2.2=dead

micovwar

hi there

i just took delivery of my crystalfont 4x20 usb lcd today and its dead,when i plug it into my usb port i get nothing not even the flashing cursor windows doesnt pick it up or anythin.

ive tried downloading the newest driver etc,also tried it on my 2 other pc,s and on 2 types of usb lead (internal and normal) and all to no avail,ive followed every instruction to the last deatail and just cant get any life outa the lcd.

i thought it woulda been a very similar setup process to my crystalfontz 632 usb but not a chance,i cant understand whats wrong its almost asif the lcd is dead,can any 1 gimme any help please?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

micovwar

rite seems ive found the problem,,the usb plug on the back of the lcd is dodgy and ive noticed that the connection is failing and turning off seconds after its been found by windows.

the usb converter on the back of the lcd,s pcb board is supposed to be glued together and stiff with the pcb like it is on my 632 but its not as stable and secure as it is on my 632 which is causing the lcd to not function correctly,is it possible i can return this please for a replacement please?

Last edited:

Xp67

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as due to the shipping charges, RMA is not really an option.

It's a bit of a shame, since the other 25 LCDs I ordered seem to work perfectly, and your support has been outstanding. I'm just hoping you have a solution for me on this minor problem.

Last edited:

CF Support

Administrator
Xp67 -- is this a 'group buy' situation where you were the buyer and micovwar was the intended recipient? I'll need to know so that I can get a support ticket opened with the correct details.

Xp67

Did the ticket ever get opened?

Is it possible to run the 634 from the serial port alone? If so, what type of cable is required? I am hoping that the problem is simply with the USB converter, not the LCD itself.

CF Support

Administrator
The ticket was opened over 2 weeks ago (the 13th of April) with the email microvwar has in his forum information.

I have been awaiting a response since then.

Xp67

Ok, thanks. As I am currently in posession of the screen, and was the one to purchase it originally from you, would it be possible to open the ticket for me?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad