CrystalControl2 work with Win 2003?

Forever

Does CrystalControl2 work with Windows 2003 Server? I do not see it on the list of supported OSs.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

meklubba

Unfortunatly it does not. I've just tried and the server won't install the driver, no matter what you do. FTDI does not seem to have support for 2003 server yet. :(
Have a look here.

/Daniel

Forever

Thanks for the reply meklubba. Good thing I did not make my purchase yet, I will hold off till I see Win 2003 support.

meklubba

Good news,
I just got my CF634 working on my Windows 2003 server! :)

If you download the drivers for XP (R9052154) from the URL in my last message and use them to install the display, then it works. It seems that it is only the custom made drivers from CrystalFontz that does not work. Hopefully some one from CrystalFontz reads this and fix the drivers to next release.

Good luck! :D

/Daniel

EDIT: The Config program reports the service as not started when it is in fact running and trying to start the service from the config program results in a error. But the service is running fine and to start and stop the service just use the Services applet.

EDIT 2006-06-05: The icon in systray works fine when logged on to console not in a remote desktop session. I've upgraded to latest public release and it works like a charm. :)

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
We are working on rounding up a 2003 server system so we can take a look at this issue.

Please be patient. We will post back when we have some concrete information.

Self-Defence

I have been trying to do something like meklubba sugested on a parallel mounted LCD on win2003 with CC2. But I havn't had any luck.
I'm not sure I understand what he did to get it working.
Any ideas guys?

meklubba

Self-Defence: I think the problem lies in that you are using the parallel port while my "solution" used the USB->Virtual COM port.

Self-Defence

Well I guess I'll have to write my one software. :D

I'm not sure but maybe something could be done to reroute to prallel port.
I'll have to try it. ;)

Thanks for the help anyway.

CF Mark

Administrator
HD44780 support will make it back into CC2 eventually... its just not a priority at the moment.
There are other more important things to get done first.