CrystalControl2 Flickering

jrc

I have a 634 usb conected lcd and it works fine with CrysstalControl1.

When i install CrystalControl2 the backlight is flickering.
This is very annoying. so if any one cant help me i will have to go with CrystalControl1 again.

Is this a known issue ?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jdgordon

i have the same problem (havnt checked it in cc1 but it flickers in cc2)..

best ive done is set the backlight to 100% and contrast to 65% which seems to get rid of it
________
Ffm sandwich

Last edited:

reider

jrc said:
I have a 634 usb conected lcd and it works fine with CrysstalControl1.

When i install CrystalControl2 the backlight is flickering.
This is very annoying. so if any one cant help me i will have to go with CrystalControl1 again.

Is this a known issue ?
If you go to the software section of the CrystalFontz site, their is a boot program for the 634. Download this and setup the contrast/brightness as you wish. Their is an option in there to retain this as your boot state, this will write the info to the eeprom and retain it.

EDIT: I had the same flickering problem until I set it up in here and retained the settings. I put up with it awhile before this.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
The flickering is caused by the backlight and contrast PWM control.

The only way to fix the problem is to change the backlight & contrast levels until the flickering minimised.

Crackers

I've noticed this on mine as well. I tried loading the boot screen to mess with the brightness/contrast levels in it and I noticed that no matter what level I set it to using the boot screen program, there is pretty much no flicking of any type. As soon as I load up CC2 ,however, the flicking starts up again. I guess there is a difference in how the two programs handle the power regulation in the LEDs?

reider

Crackers said:
I've noticed this on mine as well. I tried loading the boot screen to mess with the brightness/contrast levels in it and I noticed that no matter what level I set it to using the boot screen program, there is pretty much no flicking of any type. As soon as I load up CC2 ,however, the flicking starts up again. I guess there is a difference in how the two programs handle the power regulation in the LEDs?
I guess your only option is to try the following

best ive done is set the backlight to 100% and contrast to 65% which seems to get rid of it
Some experimentation with this should give the required result. Hope this helps to alleviate the problem for you.

Steve