CoreTemp problem

flux

I'm attempting to use CoreTemp to display the temperature and frequency of my Phenom II. It works right in the config screen, but on the CFA635, it only displays 'NA' for both values. Anyone have any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

flux

Right, sorry. Win7 64 Ultimate, running as tray application. It worked for a few hours mysteriously on Saturday. Since then, back to N/A on the unit, while the preview screen in CC2 has it right. That holds true whether I just drag-n-drop the CoreTemp data into the preview screen or write out a screen file (.2004)

I've tried restarting both CC2 and the service with CoreTemp running, restarting CoreTemp and CC2 and the service, still no good. I think the only thing I haven't tried is making the cc2 service delayed-start. It starts before CoreTemp does, I think. Trying that next, though. I have no idea why it started working Saturday. I don't think I had even rebooted at any point from the first startup of the day.

Thanks ~b

flux

Not sure what fixed it exactly, but as of version 20110824, CoreTemp is now working correctly.

Mike Eckman

Not sure what fixed it exactly, but as of version 20110824, CoreTemp is now working correctly.
Where do I find newer versions of CrystalControl2? Specifically the 20110824 version. The forum has a link to download 20110115 and I cant find any information about a more recent release.

Mike Eckman

The most recent version is always found in a stickied thread in the main CC2 forum.
This is the latest: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?6886-Download-and-Install-CrystalControl2-21-01-11
OK thanks, I must have misunderstood the original comment that there was a version called 20110824, which I took as being from August 24th, 2011. I definitely have the one installed that is stickied in this forum.

Which brings me back to the original reason I found this thread. I am having the exact same problem with CoreTemp. I have the latest version of CoreTemp installed, which is v1.0 RC2. That program works correctly and shows all the correct values. I can setup a screen in CrystalControl2 which shows all the correct values for Core speed, FSB, multiplier, voltage, and temps. However, when I restart the service, the screen on my CFA-635 shows 'NA' for all of the values.

I have tried various combinations of resetting CrystalControl2 and CoreTemp, but nothing seems to work.

I really want to get the CoreTemp screen working so I can see all of my temps in Fahrenheit rather than Celsius. I have the SCAB module and all the temps show Celsius. I found a couple threads where people say they have gotten a conversion to work, but its beyond the scope of my ability.

CF Mark

Administrator
Are you running CC2 as a NT Service or as a Tray App?
(look under the "General Options" tab in the Configuration App)

It wont work under Vista/Win7 if its set as NT Service.

Mike Eckman

Are you running CC2 as a NT Service or as a Tray App?
(look under the "General Options" tab in the Configuration App)

It wont work under Vista/Win7 if its set as NT Service.
That must be it, because I am running it as a service. I have to do it this way since this is a file server that sits there and is not usually logged in under any particular user. The server sits in a back bedroom of my house and my main purpose for the screen is at a glance statistics of the server, so I need it to be functional without anyone being logged into the computer so running it as a tray app is not an option.

Thanks for the reply. :)