Controlling CF635 LED's

'99

Is it easyer to control the LED's using the latest release og CC2?

/'99
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

'99

Damn... I was hoping it did. I've tried the manual version... but no luck. But the new version of CC2 help me getting the send/recieve on my NIC to work. Some how it did'nt work using the manual way.

/'99

Can you BTW. tell me, why the CF635 stops responding after some time? Some times after 10 min. of more. I've tried changeing the USB port... and also updateing the driver, to the one posted here: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=5301

CF Mark

Administrator
Unplug and replug in the USB cable at both ends a few times.
Also try rerouting it so it takes a different path between the PC/MB and the LCD.

Failing that, you might need to try a new cable.

'99

I've found out that when I unplug and replug in the USB cable, it starts workin again... for some time, and the stops again. So it's not the cable. Could it be a USB setting?

CF Mark

Administrator
It still could be the cable...
Its the cause of most of these problems :(

There aren't any USB settings that make a difference.

'99

Would it help if I solder a new cable til the CF635? A new cable, which I have to get from Germany, is too expensive. Expensive meaning for just a cable and shipment, since it has been faulty from the start.

CF Mark

Administrator
You can give it a try.
Note that you'll probably void the warranty on the LCD module by doing so though.

'99

@CF Tech... Thx. for the cable... but it did'nt help. I've updated the nForce drivers.... downgraded the drivers for the display, updated them... but nothing helps. I'm about til throw it out, seems the mony is lost. It just don't work with my motherboard. :(

But thx. for your support, and it is a great forum. :)

CF Tech

Administrator
I have thought of one other thing. Can you turn the backlight all the wa off, and save that as the boot state?

It will be hard to see, but if that makes a difference, It might be a clue.

And we will take care of you, one way or another.

'99

@CF Tech... How do I turn it off? I've try'ed searching in the forum, but no luck. Can you give me a clue?

And thx. again for your support.

reider

@CF Tech... How do I turn it off? I've try'ed searching in the forum, but no luck. Can you give me a clue?

And thx. again for your support.
My contrast/brightness screens for the 635 may help, they are included with CC2. Basically one keypad key turns down and one turns up for brightness and/or contrast separately. Turn it all the way down and effectively its off! Here is the description....

https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4352

Reider

CF Tech

Administrator
You could use the CC2 screens like Reider.

What I had in mind was just to use the "backlight" slider in 635_WinTest to set the backlight, and then use the "Packet Debugger" to send command 4 (with no data) which will save the boot state.

'99

I've now tryed adjusting Brightness and Contrast to 0, and that seem's to help. Had it running for 30 min. without problems. I'll try again tomorrow, and see what happens.
Could see it running, by using the LED's to show CPU usage.

**EDIT**
Today it stopped responding after 10-15 min. Damn thought I had the answer.
I can't restart the LCD using CC2. I have to reboot the machine.
Also tryed setting both to 0, and choose "Save Boot State", by left cliking on the CC2 Icon in the systemtray. Responding stopped after 20-30 min.

Last edited: