Controling IP addresses

skuz

Hi, i am a complete newbie 2 LCDs, and was woundering if there is any software out there to control IP addresses and other networking info. For instance being able to set a new IP via the buttons, particularly for the 631?

Also what language can be used to write software to control this?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

skuz said:
Hi, i am a complete newbie 2 LCDs, and was woundering if there is any software out there to control IP addresses and other networking info. For instance being able to set a new IP via the buttons, particularly for the 631?

Also what language can be used to write software to control this?
I have seen a LCD screen application and hardware that works as a "network appliance" and will control other devices on a LAN but I have not seen any software available out there that does what you are asking. :( If you find something post it! It would be neat to try!

In the CC2 download file there is a directory "cc2-plugin-sdk" it has this little readme file in it that says;

CrystalControl2 Plugin SDK
If you are proficient at programming in "C" or "C++", it is possible to create your own CrystalControl2 plugins.

The required libraries, headers, and an example plugin are provided in the "cc2-plugin-sdk" directory.
The pluginexample was created and is confirmed to compile inside Microsoft VisualC version 7.
Since its simple "C" code though, it should compile using most other Windows compatible compilers if setup correctly.

Please do read through all of the comments in the example plugins source code to gain an understanding to the inner workings of CrystalControl2.
After doing so, any questions you have on creating plugins can be asked in the Crystalfontz internet forums.
So if you know C and want to write a plugin I'm sure myself and a few others here will help test it for you. I'm no programmer so I can't give you any advice on programing in C but I'm sure a few others will answer any questions you may have.

skuz

Thanks, for the info, have done a we bit of C++ and java, so might be able to figure something will have a look and let you know. I know it can be done as have seen it before.