Configure 634 display

Larry T.

No display 634 LCD

I have purchased the DB634BGYFBKS1 and have set the com port 1 and 2 to baud rate 19200, I have only installed CrystalControl and no other software, I don't know what software to use, I am not familiar with LCD's.
I checked the baud rate on the LCD it's set to 19200 so
I set the crystalfontz software installed in the computer to 19200 baud rate, I do have a lit screen on the display, but no data.
Seems I don't have proper config. or something would display.
Seek you advice.
the test bed computer is MSI running Windows XP
Sincerely Larry T.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

WillGonz

Did you install the driver http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/cf-usb-1.00.2101.exe? If you have a display which plugs into a USB port, you will need to do this.

Can you go into Crystal Control and type text into Line1,Line2,Line3,Line4. If you can you are ready to go.

Here is what I have for my Network Info.

Line1:Network Info
Line2:~NETHIP~
Line3:Total Bytes ~PM06\Network Interface(3Com EtherLink 10_100 PCI For Complete PC Management NIC [3C905C-TX])\Bytes Total/sec~
Line4:Sent ~PM06\Network Interface(3Com EtherLink 10_100 PCI For Complete PC Management NIC [3C905C-TX])\Packets Sent/sec~ Recv ~PM06\Network Interface(3Com EtherLink 10_100 PCI For Complete PC Management NIC [3C905C-TX])\Packets Received/sec~

Your system won't be able to display Line3: and Line4: Correctly because I have a different network card then you.

Mess around with the display software once you get it running. Put in information, to see what it would look like. If it is information you feel you'll need, then put it in.

WillGonz

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad