changing the colors on a 633

kronchev

I'm thinking about getting a 633 but blue and white doesnt fit into my case theme. if I get it, do the polarized film mod to make it blue text on a black background, then used a filter to make the text close to white as possible, and changed the LEDs under the buttons, would that, uh, work? or are the lights under the buttons SMT and I cant solder, the LCD not come apart for the polarized film, and theres no way to turn blue into white?

thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
the polarized film mod to make it blue text on a black background

It will change it to dark text on a white background, kinda like a 634 "TFB".

The LEDs under the keypad are fairly small SMT devices. Can be changed but is not easy.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

kronchev

CF Tech said:
the polarized film mod to make it blue text on a black background

It will change it to dark text on a white background, kinda like a 634 "TFB".

The LEDs under the keypad are fairly small SMT devices. Can be changed but is not easy.
i like how the 634 TFB looks so thats good. for the LEDs, youre probabily right. i was thinking of putting a normal sized LED next to them, under the bezel, so it could possibly shine through the keys? thats a question because i dont have the unit yet, my friends selling me his in the future, i am just trying to think if i can actually use it how i want.

thanks for the help