CFAL160128B-F-B2 Connection to a breadboard

ccosborn

I bought the 609-1244-1-ND from Digi-Key (as was recommended) but this is not going to help me do too much. Is there a connection that will allow me to connect to a breadboard?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

ccosborn

Pursue a different brand-name

I bought this board and yes it has some connections that are 0.5 mm pitch but unfortunately, you still need a hot bar soldering machine. Being able to interface equipment is another challenge other than just the code. I found a Microchip daughter board, some interfaces and a Gravitech TFT that can be connected -- gives me several choices for types of controllers and displays. Crystal font needs to have a more versitle way to to do some prototyping (without the hot bar machine).

raddybaby

Check this out:

http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products_so&id=60

It is designed to be hand soldered :) I have purchased couple (with flux pen) but I have not used it yet.

QUESTION:

I have a question regarding the recommended ZIF connectors from Digikey... the ZIF tail of the display seems to thick to fit into the ZIF connectors that are recommended???

I am hoping I am doing something stupid (do you have to remove part of the film? Is there a trick I don't know?

So please educate me if you can! I don't want to solder the connector onto the smart board until I am sure it will work with the display.

Cheers,
Neal

PS I am hoping to drive this display with a PIC24F so if anybody has done this or is doing this and is interesting in working together please email me at neal(at)explorergrp(dot)com

I have a question regarding the recommended ZIF connectors from Digikey... the ZIF tail of the display seems <strike>to</strike> too thick to fit into the ZIF connectors that are recommended???
The data sheet for the display shows the tail thickness is 0.3 mm (a common value for FPC tails).

The connector data sheet shows that it expects a tail thickness of 0.3 mm.

Why do you think it doesn't fit? Have you opened the zif latch before trying to insert the tail?

raddybaby

Hi Cosmic,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am an idiot!...I was trying to put it in backwards :eek:

Thanks and cheers,
Neal