CFAG320240CX-TFH-TTS with 3.3V host

Henri

Just getting started here with the CFAG320240CX-TFH-TTS's and thought I'd verify couple things about the best way to use with a 3.3V host before putting the hardware together.

Reading the datasheet v1.1 on page 2 in the table "COMPARISON OF CFAG320240CX SERIES WITH CFAG320240C0 SERIES" it is saying "Power requirements (logic and operation) - 3.3v - 3.6v or
4.6v - 5.5v". I think this could be interpreted that the whole module could be operated with 3.3V instead of 5V. Doing this without any modifications the problems I could see are the 3.3V regulator on board in series with the S1D13700 core vdd being powered from 3.3V input voltage. Also I don't know if the VEE DC/DC converter is meant to be happy with 3.3V input.
I didn't see any other mention about 3.3V operation in the datasheet. Might be a good idea to clarify this a bit.

I suppose one option could be to just leave everything as it is and power the display from 5V and use a 3.3V host. It could work just fine. I can also see there are series resistors in the host interface so with most 3.3V devices having protection diodes it should be ok. But having a closer look into the S1D13700 datasheet makes me think this would be out of spec. /RD, /WR, /CS and /RESET are schmitt trigger inputs with 2.0V HIGH level minimum threshold so they should be fine with 3.3V input. But the databus and A0 have a 3.5V minimum HIGH level according to the S1D13700 datasheet.

I see next to the 3.3V regulator on the PCB there is a jumper called JV that seems to allow changing the S1D13700 host io voltage to 3.3V from the regulator output. I suppose it should be ok to use this option and it's probably designed to be used for this but as I didn't see any mention about this, any side effects that I should be aware of ?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
According to our factory engineer, remove U9 and move JV to the other side of the jumper to make the part work in a 3.3v system.

hulud

Hi,
i've tried to remove U9 and move JV jumper, but it doesn't work.
VO and VEE pin are both 0V, and on the screen i can't see anything.

The PCB is signed as 320240CX rev.D