CFAG240128LTMITZTS touch screen problem

davesmith

I recently purchased a CFAG240128LTMITZTS. The LCD portion of the module works great. But I'm having trouble with the touch screen portion. I'm using a MX7843 touch screen controller, and I had it working a one point, but then the all of a sudden it stopped. I have since then replace the controller (another mx7843) thinking that I was that was the problem, but it still isn't working. I have verified that the controller is working. I get some results when I have the UC pole the touch controller and touch the leads of the touch screen. Is it possible to "burn out" the screen?:confused: I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
My first guess would be that there is a connector problem, or that the conductive film of the touch screen in the tail has become broken from flexing.

davesmith

On second inspection the contacts on the flex wires are bent and might be served from the wires. Is it possible to cut into the flex wires, if so how would I do it? If not is it possible to get the replacement for the touch portion? :confused:

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
On second inspection the contacts on the flex wires are bent and might be served from the wires. Is it possible to cut into the flex wires, if so how would I do it? If not is it possible to get the replacement for the touch portion? :confused:
The film on there is so thin, I do not know how you could make an attachment to it.

Please write support@crystalfontz.com , refer to this thread, and we will work something out.