CFAG160160B Mixing Character and Graphic

Kenny

Major problem!

Is it possible to mix both graphic mode and character mode on the same frame?

What does the slave/master mode really mean??

What is the easiest way to put 8x8 blocks of ascii (where 5x8 are used for actual letters and numbers) since we don't want 3pixel space between..:confused:
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

I am not really familiar with this display, but after looking at the data sheet, I will offer some opinions.
Is it possible to mix both graphic mode and character mode on the same frame?
No. You could mix characters and graphics, but it would all have to be done in graphic mode.
What does the slave/master mode really mean??
I think that master/slave operation is a controller feature that allows multiple controller chips in a design to be linked. For a product like the CFAG, there is only one controller, so this is always set as master.
What is the easiest way to put 8x8 blocks of ascii (where 5x8 are used for actual letters and numbers) since we don't want 3pixel space between.
You can select the character mode pitch as 6, 7, or 8. So you would get 1, or 2, or 3 pixels between characters. If you wanted any other arrangement, you would have to do your own char bitmap handling in graphic mode.

I hope this opinion bears some resemblance to the truth.