Cfag12864b-wgh-v

dynamicone

I'm having a little trouble connecting the CFAG12864B to an 8051 board, does anyone know where I can find a schematic with pinout information?

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

dynamicone

Actually I have all of the documentation and have connected the boards together, but the display is not responding, I have checked and rechecked the pinouts and cannot figure out why it is not working. I was hoping someone had a schematic of a connection between the display and an 8051 processor that I could compare to what I have.

Thanks

CF Support

Administrator
You should check the voltage on Vo, which should be at, for normal use, between -2.5v and -4.5v, as per page 5 of the data sheet for this module.

What voltage is on that pin currently?

dynamicone

Display

I have a 10K pot on Vo and when I adjust the pot the display goes for clear to dark. The pot goes from the 5V supply to pin 18 with the wiper arm going to pin 3. Still I have no response. I am not using Pins 14, 15, 19 and 20. All other pins have a connection. So, do you have a schematic showing the connection from the CFAG12894B-WGH-V to an 8051 mcu?

Thanks

CF Tech

Administrator
/Reset needs to be brought low after power is supplied, then pulled high. A capacitor to ground with a resistor to 5v will handle it in simple situations.

R/W must be tied low--which will only allow writes.

Did you look at the initialization sample code?

Rince

Hello,

Could i have the initialization code too? I'm also struggeling to get some sign of life out of my module.

Thanks,

Rince

jimbo

CF Tech, can you also send me the same example code and startup code as well. i too am having trouble with the display.

you should just make the code public.