CFAG12864B Backlighting

bgardner

I have recently purchased a CFAG12864B-TMI-V display with LED backlighting. I have not received the display yet but am currently working on a PCB and the circuitry for the display. I am a little confused about the backlighting schematics in the documentation. Option 1 seems straightforward - wiring directly to the A and K pads on the side of the display through a resistor. My question has to do with Option 2. Do I just need to run my +5 volts to an 8 ohm resistor and then to pin 19? Are pin 19 and the A pad internally collected on the LCD? If they are, then I assume pin 20 and pad K are also connected.

Thanks,

Bob Gardner
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
By default pins 19 and 20 are connected to A and K through 0 ohm resistors. If you calculate the value of the dropping resistor and find it in SMT, just remove A or K's resistor and replace it with the appropriate dropping resistor for the backlight.

bgardner

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will leave the 0 ohm resistors in place and just provide my 5 volts through an 8 ohm or appropriately sized resistor to pin 19.

Thanks again,

Bob