CFAF240320K-T-TS init

mhjerde

Hi
I got the CFAF240320K-T-TS display up and running on an ARM processor. It is set up per example code, and the x axis is pointing right and the y axis is pointing upwards. I would like the Y axis to point down.

I'm new to LCD displays and it is not clear to me from studying the SPDF5408B spec sheet how to change this.

The display will be mounted horizontally. How should the controller be initialized to work in horizontal mode?

Cheers,
M
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

v8dave

I am not familiar with your controller but with the SSD2119 you have commands that set the scan direction. Looking at the datasheet for your LCD it looks very similar internally and is listed in the Ramtex website under the same controller. Check register R03h as this sets the direction of the scanning to suit the alignment of the LCD as you want it.

If you are looking for a very quick way to get going with this LCD and have the funds to purchase drivers, then have a look at http://www.ramtex.dk/ as it only took me 15 mins from receiving their code to having a fully working LCD with some very nice features. I went for the full feature version with the Icon edit. Makes life so quick to create nice bitmaps for the display etc!

Good luck with it. These are awesome displays once you get them working.

Regards
Dave...

mhjerde

Thanks Dave

You are right that the scan direction can be changed with the R03h register, but the coordinate system still has 0,0 down in the bottom right corner. I was hoping there was a way to set 0,0 to upper left, but I can't see it.
I guess I will have to transform the coordinates in software. Awkward, but not a huge deal.

I'll certainly have a look at the Ramtex drivers.

M

v8dave

With the Ramtex driver the 0,0 coordinate is in the upper left. If you rotate the display, it will be the same as you will rotate the display to be in the best viewing angle.

Dave...