CFAF240320K-T-TS 8 bit with atmega88P, works

toalan

Hi,

After a day of work I have the LCD working with an atmega88P in 8 bit mode. I can not get 16 bit to work. The atmega88 is available in DIP and is cheap, so prototyping is easy.

This is my first time working with an graphics LCD, so it was quite intimidating, I hope the attached code saves other newbies like myself from frustration.

Read the comments at the top of the code, it will tell you all the details.

Regards,

Alan to
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

toalan

Thanks for the offer cosmic. I am ok with 8 bits for now. If i need 16 I think I can manage, looks like I made a mistake wiring the low byte.

It is a real shame that CF is not offering a PCB for their gaphics LCD. Having a PCB for a through hole atmega and the correct pitch pads for the flex tail would really accelerate things. hooking up 37 wires is quite a chore for newbies.

Regards,

Alan To

It is a real shame that CF is not offering a PCB for their gaphics LCD. Having a PCB for a through hole atmega and the correct pitch pads for the flex tail would really accelerate things.
Yes, I know what you mean. I think that CFA has something like that in the works; they've introduced so many new displays lately that they are quite busy.