CFA635 with CC2 does not work

raada

I tried to find the answer to this in the FAQ but no luck.
The 635 seems to work, lights up and everything. I can use the WinTest 635 succesfully. But when installing CC2 and trying to have it display a basic CPU graph or using a Winamp plugin there is no go. no response at all.
The only error I managed to squeeze out is when try to reconfigure the "LCD Module Selection" in CC2 then it says "Previously used port does not appear to exist anymore, please select another". I only have one selection to choose from and that is COM3 at 115200 bps. Any ideas? Probably something simple...

2 other things with CC2.
1. FAQ says it does not support 635.
2. It was tricky to find CC2 from the main page. No link to it from http://www.crystalfontz.com/software/ for example...

/M
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
I tried to find the answer to this in the FAQ but no luck.
The 635 seems to work, lights up and everything. I can use the WinTest 635 succesfully. But when installing CC2 and trying to have it display a basic CPU graph or using a Winamp plugin there is no go. no response at all.
The only error I managed to squeeze out is when try to reconfigure the "LCD Module Selection" in CC2 then it says "Previously used port does not appear to exist anymore, please select another". I only have one selection to choose from and that is COM3 at 115200 bps. Any ideas? Probably something simple..
Is COM3 the LCD?
Make sure it is in the windows device manager.

Also, in the 635 setup dialog, make sure you open the list of ports and select COM3 (or which ever com port the LCD is using) even if its already selected (this is a bug i need to fix).

2 other things with CC2.
1. FAQ says it does not support 635.
2. It was tricky to find CC2 from the main page. No link to it from http://www.crystalfontz.com/software/ for example...
CC2 is still in Beta testing, hence the limited information about it on this website.

raada

Ok. Re-Selecting the the selected COM3 port again in the cc2 config seems to have done the trick!
Great stuff, thanks.