CFA635 - "HWiNFO does not seem to be running" Error

Jtng

Hi, very new and very late to the LCD screen add-on to your PC.

I'm just trying to get the HWiNFO Plugin to work, but every time, no matter what I do, I get this error (see picture attached).
However, HWiNFO is very obviously running, as you can see. Is there a setting on HWiNFO I need to enable to allow CC2 to read its info?
It should be the simplest thing, I know when the plugin was introduced it was very straightforward. But I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. There might be some glaringly obvious issue that I missed?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Hello @Jtng . . . I do not know about this, but we have looped in the person who should know about it so hopefully, they will reply in a bit.

Jtng

Thank you, I appreciate it. Awaiting their reply.

Also a quick update:
I tried running HWiNFO32(bit) instead, and NOW the CC2 interface shows that it's running and lists the available values to monitor! Except...
When I select a value to monitor I get the "NOID" output instead. The HWiNFO application is definitely receiving data from the sensors, and hovering over the element does show that there is an ID associated with it.

So I guess the initial issue was because I was running 64 bit HWiNFO, which CC2 32 bit can't read from(? Confirmation would be appreciated!)
But now, what is the cause of the NOID output? I've seen it on other plugins, and from what I can gather, it just means that there is "no ID" associated with that value? But if CC2 is aware that HWiNFO is running and can list the items, how come it can't read the associated value?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Jtng

Here's the cc2_hwinfo log file if it's any help.
From what I can see, it just keeps stating that there are "invalid settings in section"

i.e. "WARNING 20210305-203426-0.000730s load_settings#270: invalid settings in section"

Additionally, it seems the cc2_hwinfo.ini is completely blank. Am I missing some code that should be in there?

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Initially I thought it was a HWiNFO update that changed the shared memory information structure, but it seems it's more simple than that.

You now have to pay for the Pro version of HWiNFO for permanent shared memory support that CC2 uses to access the information.

1617724875405.png

Jtng

Initially I thought it was a HWiNFO update that changed the shared memory information structure, but it seems it's more simple than that.

You now have to pay for the Pro version of HWiNFO for permanent shared memory support that CC2 uses to access the information.

View attachment 1576
I see! So in a way, there really was an option I had to enable for it to communicate lol. Thanks for your help!
It seems HWiNFO64 will also work so long as the Shared Memory Support is enabled, so I guess it really had nothing to do with the 32 bit/64 bit difference.

As I understand it, you only require HWiNFO Pro to keep it enabled all the time, otherwise you just have to manually re-enable it every 12 hours, which I'm fine with (just a few extra clicks).

Thanks so much for your help! I'm off to create some HWiNFO screens for myself!