Cfa 634 problems

Linhans

Hi> We are trying to connect the CFA634 on our computer. Am having problems with the computer not recognizing the unit and giving message : Init of Com 6 failed. The module will be disabled until it is reconfigured. I can`t figure out what this means. We know the unit works as I have connected it to my laptop and another computer we have and it was recognized immediately and, on the laptop, I actually got it lit up and running. Would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.:)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Linhans

Thanks for answering so quickly. I have those drivers installed and it is USB. I followed the directions correctly and it still doesn`t recognize the 634. I still get the same message about the COM6. Is it possible that we need a USB hub with it`s own power source to get this done. I spoke with Brian in Tech Support and he suggested that. Is it possible that our PSU doesn`t have enough power left to run this unit. When I got it to work on my laptop, I had it connected to AC. Our older computer that also recognized it has nothing connected to it but a mouse/keyboard. Thanks.:D

CF Tech

Administrator
What is the full model number?

Can you show me a screen-shot of the device manager from your computer with the CFA-634 installed (like this):

(You can use "Alt+PrtScn", to copy the window, then paste it and save it.)

What program gives the "COM6" error?

What is the OS?

Linhans

I connected the CFA634-USB which is the only model no. I have on my laptop again and it is recognized as CFA634-USB on COM4 but nothing is showing in Universal Serial Bus. I wish I could make a screenshot but my laptop is quite old and doesn`t want to go there. OS is XP Home. The error box just says ERROR on top left of box. I don`t know who`s sending it. Looks like common Windows error box. On our larger computer, I checked the Device Manager and Com3 and Com4 have exclamation marks by them. There is no mention of Com6. :)

CF Tech

Administrator
There is no predicting what COM port Windows will put the LCD on. COM6 is not unreasonable.

If the display works OK on another box, then it most probably is something on the laptop that is not right.

The device manager should show something like the screenshot above. If that is not right, then there must be a software or driver problem.