CFA-631 using *2* USB connectors ?? Please read..

DaMn21

Hi,

I bought the CFA-631 LCD a few days ago and just installed it in my computer.

I'm using the internal cable and installed the drivers before installing the device (the same way I was supposed to).

The thing is that after installing the device properly, the PC also recognizes an extra USB device, but marked as "?" and there are no other USB devices installed. It all works ok.

So what could be the problem ? Why did the CFA-631 cause my Windows to recognize another USB device in the Control Panel, and how do I fix it ?

Thanks..
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

DaMn21 said:
Hi,

I bought the CFA-631 LCD a few days ago and just installed it in my computer.

I'm using the internal cable and installed the drivers before installing the device (the same way I was supposed to).

The thing is that after installing the device properly, the PC also recognizes an extra USB device, but marked as "?" and there are no other USB devices installed. It all works ok.

So what could be the problem ? Why did the CFA-631 cause my Windows to recognize another USB device in the Control Panel, and how do I fix it ?

Thanks..
It usually goes through the driver routine twice, once for the CFA 631 module and once for the port itself. It uses the same driver for both routines.

Steve

DaMn21

The thing is I already gone through it twice (once for the "port" and the other time for the "usb")... but why the 3rd time ?

reider

DaMn21 said:
The thing is I already gone through it twice (once for the "port" and the other time for the "usb")... but why the 3rd time ?
A third time, mmm pass, even a dual internal connector wouldn`t do that with nothing connected to the spare connector. Theirs an old saying though 'if it aint broke don`t fix it'. Whilst its causing no harm then just ignore it.

It may originally have been the port and not found the driver. Next time you update the driver it may get rid of it. If you`re feeling brave you could uninstall then reinstall if it really bugs you.

Steve

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

DaMn21

Thanks for your reply ! :)

That leads me to my next question ...

I've installed the drivers (v.2134) and want to update them to version 2154.

What's the best way to do that ? should I uninstall the drivers first and then let windows recognize the device again ? or just install them and overwrite the old ones ?

Thanks!

reider

DaMn21 said:
Thanks for your reply ! :)

That leads me to my next question ...

I've installed the drivers (v.2134) and want to update them to version 2154.

What's the best way to do that ? should I uninstall the drivers first and then let windows recognize the device again ? or just install them and overwrite the old ones ?

Thanks!
Best bet is stop the module from working by right clicking on the icon in the task tray.

Then select stop 'crystalcontrol 2', uninstall CC2 then reinstall after loading new drivers. This guarantees a clean start.

Alternatively, just tell windows you want to change the drivers the device is using and point at the new ones.

Personally, I would use the first option, especially in your case. Then, if you haven`t already done so try having a look through the 'users screens' threads for updated screens to suit the CFA 631.

Steve