CFA-631 No Display

BobbyCannon

I have installed my CFA-631 and the software. Crystal Control and 631_WinTest both see the model and can change the contrast and backlight. I can't get either one to display any text or images. Anyone have any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
So it shows up in device manager as expected? If you press keys, do they show up in 631_WinTest? If you send a "version" packet with the packet debugger, does it return something reasonable?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

BobbyCannon

The module shows up correctly in the device manager. I have used both your beta driver and FTDIs newest x64 CDM 2.00.00 driver (Not Beta). I deal with FTDI alot so I know how to update and change INFs. I get the same result with both drivers. I don't expect it to be a driver problem. Question is do you guys modify the driver or is it a stock FTDI driver?

I can change the backlight settings and see the module respond accordingly. The display brightens and dims as the value changes. The buttons work properly also. I can monitor the port and see the commands out and the reply in. The module responds to the contrast command without error but the module never changes. I never see text on the module.

CF Tech

Administrator
OK, if you can see the backlight change then we know communications is good. I just wanted to check that first since the driver bit often causes trouble.

If communications is good and the display does not show any text, then the module must be faulty in some way.

Please write support@crystalfontz.com and request an RMA. Please reference this thread, and let us know your invoice number. We will create a ticket and get the issue resolved.

BobbyCannon

Heres the problem... I've monkeyed with it. :) I have actually removed the board to see if there was something I could fix. So it would probable be cheaper to just purchase another one, Right?