CF 635 Manual/Guide

'99

Funny....

I copied the NIC name from perfdump.txt changed the NIC name in JC_netstats.2004 to match my NIC

Started the screen called jc_Netstats.2004 to create cc2_perfmon.ini, so I could get the ID's for sent and recive.

Copyed the code from youre LED example, using only LED 1 & 2, into lcd_635.ini

Changed the ID's in the copyed lines to match mine.

Everything with CC2 stopped, and removed from the tasklist.

What happend..... LED's no light.... the screen... not reporting any stats. Should this happen real time? or over a period of time? like in a kind of logfile?

jc634

Administrator
Your Reply: this window where you type the reply
Options: checklist
Attach file: Browse and attach the file here.

jc634

Administrator
Your id #'s in your cc2_permon.ini file are different than the ones in your cc2_service.ini file.

It would appear that you created the cc2_permon.ini file instead of letting CC2 do it?

Regardless:

1. Delete the netstat screen, restart CC2.
2. Delete the perfmon.ini file.
3. Add the netstate screen to CC2 and restart CC2.
4. Open the permon.ini file. You should have a new set of ini #'s.
5. Close the config program, kill the CC2 service.
6. Copy the id #'s from the perfmon.ini file into the lcd_635.ini file.
7. Restart CC2
8. Hopefully, you have screen data and LED's working.

FWIW, never edit any ini files except the cc2_service.ini and lcd_xxx.ini files. These files only need to edited for the LED's and keypad.

In other words, let CC2 create/edit all the other ini files.

Let me know how it goes...

Jim

'99

LOL... this is getting spooky

After ending step 3... the LED's started to light up... in orange.

I then did step 4-7... and they stopped working.....?

Went back and did step 1-3 again... and they worked...

So now...I've got 2 orange LED's, and no action in the screen (JC_netstats.2004). The Screen (JC_netstats.2004) did'nt work before either.

What I would like... was... one LED showing that I have network connection... and one flashing or change color when there is data flowing

jc634

Administrator
The upload/download LED's will usually not show anything unless you are on the internet and doing something like DL's a file.

Also, you may need to adjust the divider. I have a pretty good cable connection, therfore the high divider #:

[from03]
from="cc2_calc.ini"
sec="calc#"
opt01="id=@04"
opt02="a_type=1"
opt03="a_val=@03"
opt04="b_type=2"
opt05="b_val=1000000"
opt06="operation=/"
opt07="precision=0"

You might want to change the b_val to something smaller like 100000 or 10000, just to verify everything is working.

The reason that the LED's are orange is most likely the use of a non-existent id # being used. Bad id # means bad info being displayed.

Jim

'99

Also, you may need to adjust the divider. I have a pretty good cable connection, therfore the high divider #:

[from03]
from="cc2_calc.ini"
sec="calc#"
opt01="id=@04"
opt02="a_type=1"
opt03="a_val=@03"
opt04="b_type=2"
opt05="b_val=1000000"
opt06="operation=/"
opt07="precision=0"

You might want to change the b_val to something smaller like 100000 or 10000, just to verify everything is working.
Where did you find that?

I've checked once more that the ID's are correct.... would be easy'er if we got messenger running ;-)

Think I owe you a beer... so come to Copenhagen (Denmark)

'99

Funny... when i correct the ID's.... the LED's turn's off. Still no reaction in the screen.... Maybe I should correct the JC_netstats.2004? Before adding it.

jc634

Administrator
yea, that way you will have verification on screen and LED. For checking purposes, bypass the calc stuff altogether and just use the raw data?

Got to go eat, be back later. IM would be fine then.

Jim

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

jc634

Administrator
Oh, BTW, try a CPU usage screen, and start some CPU intensive stuff. Much more animated than the net data.

And, next time I'm in Denmark (if I were ever able to get there), sure a beer would be good!:)

Jim

'99

Funny... when i correct the ID's.... the LED's turn's off. Still no reaction in the screen.... Maybe I should correct the JC_netstats.2004? Before adding it.

jc634

Administrator
Add the screen from this thread (CPU usage). Use the id's created by this (will be the perfmon.ini file) and see what happens with the LED's.

OK?

Jim

'99

Hi JC,

Went to bed at 02.00 o'clock last night, without getting it to work... I'll try again tomorrow.
I'll let you know what happens.

'99

Hi JC,

Big problems.... I've startet to work with my CF635 again, but after I switched to superser, insted of Administartor, I cant get it to work again. I've installed the USB driver, and CC2 again, also removed everything using regclean.
CC2 finds the module, and I can se it in the Device manager... no problems what so ever.
But I cant control the module... WinTest can see it on Com4... and reports looking for module... What have I done wrong? Plz. help...

Also another small problem.... the communication freezes.... meaning, that the screen which reports temps (from the SCAB module) stops responding... I have to restart CC2

jc634

Administrator
'99 said:
Hi JC,

Big problems.... I've startet to work with my CF635 again, but after I switched to superser, insted of Administartor, I cant get it to work again. I've installed the USB driver, and CC2 again, also removed everything using regclean.
CC2 finds the module, and I can se it in the Device manager... no problems what so ever.
But I cant control the module... WinTest can see it on Com4... and reports looking for module... What have I done wrong? Plz. help...

Also another small problem.... the communication freezes.... meaning, that the screen which reports temps (from the SCAB module) stops responding... I have to restart CC2
I could be wrong, but you have to be an administrator to install drivers/CC2. Try that 1st, and just make sure you have the latest drivers and CC2.

OK?

Jim

'99

hi JC,

I've now try'ed to login as admin, tryed to uninstall everything and reinstall. I even tryed to clean up in my registry... but I can't delete the "Vid_0403&Pid_fc0d" key. The key contains info on "FTDIBUS".
When I try to reinstall the USB driver "cf-usb-2154b.exe" according to the Crystalfontz guide... everything seems to run smooth, but there is no sign of installing the USB Serial Port, and on reboot it finds the CF635, but cant find FTDIUN2K.INI. Even if I direct it to it. Everything is installed in Windows\System32\System32\Drivers... which is one \System32\ to much. And I can't get it to stop from doing that. Damn I'm fuc... now.. Need som serious help on this one.
First thing to do, would be to get rid of everything about this driver, but as mentioned... I'm not allowed to delete the "Vid_0403&Pid_fc0d" entry.

'99

Finally located the problem.... the "cf-usb-2154b.exe" does not install the USB Serial Port, and when Win XP finds the display, when pluged in, it asked's after the "FTDIUN2K.INI" which it puts in a folder "WINDOWS\system32\system32\drivers" I can't prevent it from doing that, and thats where it goes wrong.

I think that there is something wrong with the cf-usb-2154b.exe file causing all these problems.