CF 635 Manual/Guide

'99

Hi,

Just got my new CF 635 USB display, adn the SCAB module... but there was no manual or guide in the box (Got it from the German distributor).
Can you plz. give me a link to where I can download it? I've tried to reach CrystalFontz on both sales@crystalfontz.com and techinfo@crystalfontz.com (both adresses from the main site) but they keep coming back as Transient Delivery Failure.

Plz. help, and thanks in advance

P.S. What do I use to mount the sensor's to the CPU and GPU for measurement?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

'99

Thx. jc634

I've got both datasheets.... But is it just plug 'n play? CrystalControl2 don't look to be supporting CF 635, only up to 634.

jc634

Administrator
CC2 supports the 635 (and SCAB), at least mine!:D

Install the display, USB drivers, and CC2. You should be set to go.

Jim

'99

Hi jc634

I cant find any manual that shows what and how you use the key's and LED's on the 635..... not good...

Btw. thx. for the links

jc634

Administrator
OK,

You can a bunch of user-made screens from this link.

Buttons: here.

LED's: here.

The reason that you will not find CC2 type info in the 635 manuals is that they are written more for the person/OEM who wants to program the displays directly.

Users like you and me will need to get the info from the CC2 side of things.

If you have more questions, just ask.

Jim

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

'99

Hi Jim,

Thx. for all you're help, it's great. I will be installing the CF 635, SCAB and sensors this weekend. Still nee to find the Arctic Silver glue here in Denmark.

I found the User Screen Library thread, and found some nice things. Think I'll use one or two LED's to monitor the net activity.

So if I'm getting this right.... Mount all the hardware up.. install the software, and connect the USB cable.. correct? And what does the combination (CF635 and SCAB) do from scratch? Or do I have to program the CF635 first?

/Per

P.S. Du you have a CF635 installed?

'99

Hi again Jim,

Just saw how much work you've done on a programming guide in the User Screens Discussion thread.... think I'll start with that.

But can I just connect everything, can count on it working from the start... or do I have to program it first, to get i to work?

/per

jc634

Administrator
No programming required; everything should work once you have connected everything. There is always the possibility of a HW problem, or a user problem!:)

If everthing is hooked up correctly, Windows/USB drivers (read the diections from the link above!)/CC2 pretty much guides you thru.

Once HW/SW is installed and you have added your module to CC2, you will need to add screens to see anything. Make sure you adjust your brightness/contrast per preferance.

jc634

Administrator
I need to take back my previous post (slightly).:(

You will need to edit certain files to program the LED's/Buttons.

Just use the instructions from the earlier links.

Jim

'99

I've tried to figure out where to put the sensor on the CPU... since it's a socket 939, it does'nt have the hole in the middle... got an idea? maybe a pict.?

jc634

Administrator
Mount it on the heatsink as close to the processor as you can get it.

See this thread on how I mounted it to a water block on the GPU.

Jim

CF Mark

Administrator
If i cant get under the CPU i normally glue the sensor to the heatsink as close as possible to the CPUs core.

'99

Hi jc634,

I've got a smalle problem programming the LED's and the bottons.

I did like described in youre guide, but was'nt able to get the LED's to work. The bottons worked... until the first boot, and then that was over.
Looks like, regarding the LED's, that no info is send.... and this should happen "real time". Is this a common problem with nVidia chipset's?

jc634

Administrator
It may be a simple case of needing to shut down CC2 COMPLETELY. Close the config program, and then use Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the cc2 service. Edit your files and try again. Hopefully, it may be as simple as this. I should know, I've tried to make edits without shutting everything down and then I wonder why it didn't work...:eek:

If that does not do the trick, then:

The best thing to do is to zip up your .ini files in the Crystalcontrol directory and upload them here, so that I can look them over.

Also, describe to me what you want the LED's and buttons to do.

From the above, I should be able to figure out what is happening.

Jim

'99

That means you remove all CC2 action, including stopping task's in the taskmanager, before you start editing in the ini-files?

When I run the perfmon_enum.exe file... it creates a perfdump.txt file which is only text... in there my NIC is listed as:

"\PSched-pipe(NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Miniport til Packet Scheduler#0)

Does that look correct?

jc634

Administrator
'99 said:
That means you remove all CC2 action, including stopping task's in the taskmanager, before you start editing in the ini-files?
Yep.

'99 said:
When I run the perfmon_enum.exe file... it creates a perfdump.txt file which is only text... in there my NIC is listed as:

"\PSched-pipe(NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Miniport til Packet Scheduler#0)

Does that look correct?
I think so. Upload that file, also. You do need to replace any \'s with \\'s, tho.

Jim

'99

How do I get the ID's needed for send/sec and recived/sec ?

Do I have to load a screen which uses the network interface?