cc2_keyboard error

steigrafx

Occasionally I return to my PC and find the Windows screensaver is stuck. The PC is locked up and the machine must be powered down. Each time, I find a cc2_keyboard error in the Event Viewer. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin
(632 serial display)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I wouldn't pretend to know how to debug the problem, but here is my question/suggestion:

Question: Do you use the keyboard routine?

Suggestion: It the answer is no, simply move it to a different directory or delete it. You may have to stop CC2 to do this. Doing so will not effect any CC2 functions other than the keyboard routines.

If you are using it, and wish to continue to do so, I will have to defer to the expert (CCadmin) on how to correct the problem. Also, I assume you are using the latest version of CC2 (Sorry, I have to ask the obvious:eek: )?

Jim

steigrafx

I'm not proud, JC -- feel free to ask the obvious. Yes, I'm using the latest version of CC2; however, I'm not following you. What is the keyboard routine? As far as I know, I'm not using any keyboard routine. You can be technical as I am a network administrator, just not too familiar with Crystal Control. What file(s) should I delete? Thank you.

Kevin

jc634

Administrator
cc2_keyboard.dll in the C:\CrystalControl2 directory. This file is needed only if you use keyboard shortcuts to control CC2 functions (scroll up/down, etc.).

If you don't know what I mean, you don't use 'em.:)

Jim

steigrafx

Thanks, JC. No, I don't use 'em. I'll delete the .dll, and that should resolve my issue.

Thank you so much for your helep. Obviously, you're "the man" when it comes to CC2.

Kevin

steigrafx

Jim, I just wanted to say thanks again. Ever since deleting the cc2_keyboard.dll file, I haven't had another problem.

Kevin

CF Mark

Administrator
Do you have any idea why you had the problem?
The keyboard routines are pretty standard so i wouldnt expet them to cause any problems.
Are you running a strange versoin of Windows, other keyboard software, etc?

steigrafx

Nothing unusual. The only thing I can imagine is Yahoo Widgets, which uses a hot key -- I don't use one so I've chosen "none", but maybe that's it. I'll give you my background apps and my PC specs.

CC2
Speedfan 4.29
Yahoo Widgets 3.1.4
Diskeeper 10
Norton Antivirus 2004

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo
AMD Athlon X2 4800+
Radeon X1900GT
4 x 512MB Corsair PC3200
2 x 36.7GB WD Raptors in RAID 1
1 x 250GB WD
OCZ 700W PS

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, thanks.
Nothing too strange in that list.

If you ever really do want the hot key support, ask about it again in these forums and ill try to come up with a fix.

kg6abb

Same issue

I have a Crystalphontz 632 LCD and don't know how to set up the hotkeys in the first place but I had the same issue pop up. I have CC2 running automatically at startup. I was searching for a way to internally solve the issue with cc2_keyboard.dll. the error says that key_export.dll could not load. I looked further into the folders at C:\Program Files\Crystalfontz\CrystalControl2\extras\keyboard-dll and there is a readme that states "key_export.dll needs to be copied to your windows\system32 directory for the keyboard hotkeys to operate correctly."
Since I don't want any hotkeys but I didn't want the error to show up in applications I copied key_export into system32. since then the error hasn't shown up in computer management.

Hope this helps ^_^