CC2 won't stop crashing

flux

Last night CC2-config crashed on me. I rebooted, but it didn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't help. I uninstalled, ran CCleaner to make sure it had cleaned everything out, reinstalled, and it didn't help. I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. The service starts, but when I start config, it crashes immediately. What do I have to do to use CC2 again?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

flux

Sorry, should also mention that I'm running a CFA635 USB. The CC version was old...2090331, I think. I just found the most recent one, 20110121, and it's doing the same thing. I'm running the CFA_2.08.02_WHQL_Modified drivers. The system worked just fine for the two days I had it, then it crashed with no warning. It has not worked since.

CF Mark

Administrator
Hi,

First, make sure CC2 is stopped (kill the cc2_* processes in task manager if you need to).
Open up "C:\ProgramData\CrystalControl2" in Explorer (itll be hidden, you may have to enable show hidden & protected folders in explorer to get at it), and delete everything in there.
Reinstall the latest CC2 setting it to run as a tray application as advised, then reboot.

After reboot CC2 will have a clean slate and should work properly.
If your still having issues, let us know.

flux

Holy crap, it worked. :) I can't thank you enough! I've been banging my head against a wall for hours on this

CF Mark

Administrator
In hindsight, i should have asked you to save the contents on that directory and email it (or something) to me.
Would have been good to see what was causing the problem.

... anyway great to hear its up and running again. :)