CC2 'service not running' - BUT IT IS RUNNING

Gripe

I've got a strange problem.

I just installed the latest CC2. In configuration app, I added the LCD module and a couple of screens (Date/Time & CPU usage) and tried to start the service but then get the message 'Could not start the CC2 Service: Unknown Error (2)'.

The strange thing is that the service DID start. I can even stop and retart it under the Windows Services utility. And the display does work and correctly displays the screens I setup. But the tray utility insists it's not running.

Since it does seem to be running, it wouldn't be such a problem except that now I want to setup my temp probes. Am I going to get this working even with this strange behavior from the tray utility? How do I get this fixed?

Appreciate any help.

Log files attached.

Thanks.

----------------------------
633 Serial LCD
CC2 20060325/156
Windows XP SP2 Build 2600
AMD Sempron 2500
512 MB RAM
560 GB
Gigabyte K8VM800M
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Are you logged into windows as a user with Administrator priviledges?

This is the only thing i can think of at the moment, your logs dont show anything wrong.

Gripe

Is problem with Remote Desktop?

I noticed that the problem occurs when I log into the machine thru Windows Remote Desktop. When I log in locally, the CC2 tray icon is blue and indicates service is running. But when I log in via remote desktop (using same Administrator ID), the tray icon is red and says service not running - when actually it is running.

This is kind of problem for me. The machine is a headless media server and I need to administer it via remote desktop.

-Gripe

CF Mark

Administrator
Ahhh, i see.

So does the user you logging on as on the remote box have Admin priviledges?

Ill test this myself, but its going to take a few days.

Gripe

service not running?

Yup, the user ID does have admin priviledges. I used this same ID when logging locally AND remotely with remote desktop.

-Gripe

CrystalControl Admin said:
Ahhh, i see.

So does the user you logging on as on the remote box have Admin priviledges?

Ill test this myself, but its going to take a few days.

splice

Hi.

Have you already found a solution, cause i have EXACTLY the same problem!

Just reinstalled my system (also a media server) and get this error via remote desktop. if you want, i can attach my logs also.

btw: cc2 ran on my old windows installation just fine via remote desktop. i don't know what's different now...

splice

XP SP2 German.

But I don't think it matters.

Found out the following: My Windows did only boot to the logon screen, from there I logged on via Remote Desktop. If you boot Windows completly and THEN use RD, you shouldn't have a problem.

It seems, many services aren't started properly with the first method. if you look into the task manager, you'll see way to little tasks running. Don't know why this is...

drerling

Unknown error (2)

I`m having the same problem. My ".flac player" has no keyboard and no screen other than the Crystalfontz 634 via serial and i only control it through remote desktop from our two laptops.

I'd like to see a smart sollution to this problem :eek:

DrErling