CC2 Removal

HarshReality

XP SP2, uninstalled CC1.6 and installed 2... didnt particularly care for it (looked like the display was fluxuating scanlines) so did an uninstall. Now when I reboot the tray app still sits there... can anybody do a tutorial on a manual complete uninstall of the application please?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
<right-click> on the tray icon; click on Remove Tray Icon.

<Ctrl><Alt><Delete>; Click on the Processes tab; scroll thru and end the cc2_service.exe process.

I assume the CC2 no longer shows up in the add/remove programs? If it does, use it.

If not, simply delete the CrystalControl2 directory under the Program Files directory.

All gone...

HarshReality

See thats the thing, the process isnt there, and its not in add remove programs any longer. However when I reboot the icon is still down at the clock giving me the option to start ther service (even though it is no longer there I think... I dont have an install log to check so I cant be certain). I guess the reason I just asked for manual removal direction is so I can edit the registry and make sure the files are completely gone.

jc634

Administrator
When I have a problem like that, I simply reinstall the offending program and then uninstall again.

That *should* take care of it.

Jim