CC2 NOID/[E01] with Everest/AIDA64 WMI

BrightShadow

Just picked up the CF635 USB External model, and have gotten everything setup with one exception. I cannot for the life of me get any WMI data from Everest or AIDA64. I know the WMI plugin is working because it can take info from other sources (like the current year from windows). In the temp software I have WMI enabled and can see the current accurate value in the WMI preview window, but as soon as I hit ok and it processes the addition to the screen it just adds NOID. When run it produces the old [E01].

If I could use systool I would, but cannot since im on windows 7 64bit. Rivatuner apparently cannot share data any more with CC2 on windows 7. ATI Tool doesn't run, plus I use an nvidia card. I was able to follow the details in the forum for installing the LCD screen just fine by the way. Your official guide could use some updating though.

So to recap, I just need to find some way for the WMI info to make it though to CC2. I hope its as simple as a permissions change...
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Greetings.
Ill look into this on Monday for you.

One question, are you running CC2 as a service, or in the tray?

CF Mark

Administrator
Problem found finally...

For example:
- Drag in the WMI item
- Select "root\WMI" name space.
- Select "AIDA64_SensorValues" class (1st column)
- Select "inst0007" instance (2rd column)
- Select "Value = ..." property (3rd column)
- Click OK

The WMI screen editor plugin allows you to press "OK" without selecting an item from the 3rd column which I imagine is what youve done.
Select a property to display from that 3rd column and it should work fine (does for me).

CF Mark

Administrator
Good to hear :)
Nope, not user error at all. The dialog shouldnt allow "OK" to be pressed without an item in all 3 columns being selected, so it is a bug.