CC2 N00B needs help

revival

Im an old lcd smartie and jalcd user and am switching over to CC2.

I must have not configured it right. Here is the problem
I load up a speed fan screen works fine in the software window(shows temp), but when i push it to the screen (LCD)it says "NA"

help?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
Are you using Vista? If so, there is your answer. Vista security locks down several areas of communication between programs (the Sandbox!).

CCadmin has indicated that he will be releasing a new version shortly which should take care of this problem.

revival

Im am using vista x32 soon to be x64

So is this why?
And if so when the new version due out.

and is there a way around this in the mean time?

CF Mark

Administrator
Vista has blocked access from NT services (where CrystalControl2 runs) to information shared by normal user applications (like speedfan).
Nothing can be done to get around this new Vista "security feature".

The only solution is to run CC2 as a normal user application.
The next version of CC2 that ill release next week will have this option.

revival

So would this normal user mode take care of this?

Is there a way to back up my config?
Meaning I have configured a bunch of screens and i want to export those settings to a file then transfer them to another machine. How do I do that?

jc634

Administrator
If you wish, copy all the files with an .ini extension out of the crystalcontrol2 directory.

You can install directly over the existing installation, and you *should* not lose anything. Always safe to back up, tho.;)

CF Mark

Administrator
Its on its way... i have been trying to update the email plugin so it could be included with the release, but there are been a few problems.
There is still a few other updates that need to be done. Ill try to get it out this week, but dont be surprised if its next week.