CC2 Issue and question

cablesguy

ok, finally got my packaged delivered :D , sure went thru alot of trouble getting this stuff, no CC or paypal abv USD100 for International orders.

OK back to the point,

1) I'm having an issue of my pc not switching off "sometimes", nvr happen before installing CC2, followed the instructions to a T, anyone encountered this before? Or did i miss something?

2) Got my temp sensors and fans connected, its running fine, now how do i install a simple screen to just show my fan speed and temps i"m monitoring, no histograms or fancy visuals required.

btw i;m using CFA 635 with SCAB

Thx in advance
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
If desired, you can load one the screens from the library (as noted by CF Tech), and simply use the GUI editor to add/delete/move the data as desired.

Also, FWIW, adding SCAB info using the GUI editor is quite easy to do. ALOT easier than creating a text file...;)

JC

cablesguy

thx

thx for the prompt response, aside from my unanswered question 1 ;) , got a few more questions, sorry but a real noob here, no computer or engineering skills worth mentioning, just going by on enthusiasm lol...anyway here goes:

1) which gui editor shud i use..the easier the better, saw a bunch under the software section. forgot to add that i am currently using some of the screens frm the library but want something more customised to my setup

2) in the CFA data sheet pdf file, pg 12, line 6 it says something abt opening the jumper to JP8, what does that mean? cant be doing it literally right....like i said total noob here...anyway better safe than sorry.

thx again

reider

While you find out whats giving you problems in the shutdown, heres a way to work around it for now. Use the three fingered salute (alt-ctrl-del) to bring up the Windows Task Manager, go to the processes tab, look for cc2_service.exe and cc2_config.exe, hit the End Process button and then you should be able to shutdown successfully.

There could be one of the screens effecting something on your system, Admin will get to the bottom of it quicker than we can. The above should sort you out for now.

Reider

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, on the issue of the shutdown problem...
Does the problem occour if you use the icon in the tray to stop CC2 before shutting down?

1) which gui editor shud i use..the easier the better, saw a bunch under the software section. forgot to add that i am currently using some of the screens frm the library but want something more customised to my setup
If your using CrystalControl2, the only one you can use is the editor included with it.
Ie, the one that appears when you configure or add a new screen.
Its a little difficult to use and i have not written a manual on how to use the screen editor as yet.
Best thing you can do is play around with it. Drag items from the list up onto the screen (the green area) , try the different scrolling/justification options, etc.

cablesguy

Ok, on the issue of the shutdown problem...
Does the problem occour if you use the icon in the tray to stop CC2 before shutting down?

If your using CrystalControl2, the only one you can use is the editor included with it.
Ie, the one that appears when you configure or add a new screen.
Its a little difficult to use and i have not written a manual on how to use the screen editor as yet.
Best thing you can do is play around with it. Drag items from the list up onto the screen (the green area) , try the different scrolling/justification options, etc.
Nope, if i shut down CC2 before shutting down, it doesnt hang, i tried that once only tho', currently the prob seems to have disappreared as i hv since switch on and off more than a couple of times and it seems to be shutting down fine....will let u know if it occurs again.

I am currently using CC2 release date/build 20060226/144, funny things is i was looking for the editor as i saw it in the help guide somewhere but there seems to be none in CC2, am i using the right version?

BlancMange

yeah, i agree with reider, as i installed my copy of CC2 over a beta version, and the screen editor crashed all the time..

i did a full uninstall / reinstall and everything works fine now :)

cablesguy

Thx

Yup....everything works fine now, uninstalled, rebooted and installed, everything fine now, got the GUI Editor and all, thx for the very prompt response...Thumbs Up to you Guys/Gals...

cablesguy

Thx

Thx for the help everyone....maybe you shud all seriously consider starting a new biz advising ppl how to provide great after sales :D ...oh n btw did post some pix in the "tell us abt it" thread if you'z all r interested.

Cheers All