CC2 Freezes on restart

marcusjb

When I change settings and have to restart CC2, it seems to freeze up. When I mouse over the icon in the tray it says CC2 Status: Stopping for hours on end, then I find myself having to reboot.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

marcusjb said:
When I change settings and have to restart CC2, it seems to freeze up. When I mouse over the icon in the tray it says CC2 Status: Stopping for hours on end, then I find myself having to reboot.
Are you using the email screen? Or have you used the e-mail screen?

If so, try this;

Got to your; C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-service directory and rename cc2_email.ini to email.old .

Instead of re-booting use the windows task manager to stop the cc2_service.exe process.
Then go to control panel-> administrative tools->services and highlight the CC2Service and press start. Or you could just re-boot.

Let us know if that fixes it. (your e-mail screen will not work properly if you still have that screen loaded in cc2 config).

marcusjb

This seems to fix the problem as far as having to reboot, at least so far. Does this mean I won't be able to monitor my email?

daks001

marcusjb said:
This seems to fix the problem as far as having to reboot, at least so far. Does this mean I won't be able to monitor my email?
Do you have outlook express or Outlook also checking your e-mail at the same time, or every few minutes? I'm just guessing here....

marcusjb

Yes, but not the same mail server. I am using Avast AV, and the email AV scanner says that the connection to the mail server that CC2 is checking is timing out, so maybe the Avast is screwing things up. I'll have to see if I can disable it for this server.

daks001

knowley said:
Yes, I am getting the same problem since installing the email screen - any updates yet?

Ta
Not that I know of, the screen editor has been the top priority for the past while. I have been working crazy hour lately and have not had much time to play lately. I know CCAdmin is very aware of this problem and it's on his to-do list. Once the screen editor is released (closer, but still a little ways yet) that will be one of the top ones to fix.

One word of caution with the email checker, when you have the subject lines displayed from mail in your screens, and spam gets into your e-mail... can you imagine some of the things that gets displayed... LOL :eek:

knowley

I also found the mail thing was stopping my pc from completing the windows shut down. A quick look in the windows event viewer shows hundreds, if not thousands, of application errors all relating to the mail thing.

I've removed the email screen and everything is working fine.

CF Mark

Administrator
knowley said:
I also found the mail thing was stopping my pc from completing the windows shut down. A quick look in the windows event viewer shows hundreds, if not thousands, of application errors all relating to the mail thing.
What were the errors?