CC2 doesn't start automatically on Win 7

• Thread starter Deleted member 5426
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5426

Hello,
I'm a new Crystalfontz user.
I just installed my new DB635 with uberscab.
Very fascinated by the controller, but I cannot make it start automatically when Win 7 boots up.
I set "Run CC2 on Win Start/Login" and "Run CC2 Config on Login", but at Win 7 startup it only appears in the icon bar without automatically starting.
I also followed the instructions on "Vista - Avoiding UAC problems (Guide)" (https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=5331) except for the "Software Explorer" steps, since it's absent on Win 7.
I also dragged the cc2_config shortcut into the "Startup" folder (from "all programs").
I double checked that in the "System Configuration" folder the "Startup" window included the "cc2_config" checked, and it was. Interestingly, 2 "cc2_config" voices were present and checked on this window: one was the .exe from "C: \Program Files (86)\..." and one from C:\PROGRA 2\CRYSTA 1\CC2_CO 1.EXE (THIS LAST ONE WITHOUT ").
My main concern is that, until I don't start CC2_config, the fan on the PSU cooler is turned off!!!
Please, HELP!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

CF Support2

Administrator
By default, the CFA635 should be powering on the fans when it boots up. You may have set the boot state so that the fans are not powered up.

To fix this download 635WinTest:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/document/1034/635_WinTest_1_0.exe

Stop CC2, then run the WinTest application. Click on "Show Fans". Set the fan speeds where you would like them to power up at. If you would like, set up your boot screen as well. After you have the fans and screen set up, click on "Packet Debugger". Select command 4 - save current state from boot state from the drop down. Leave the data field (2) empty, and then click on "send data".

That should take care of the fan issue.

As far as getting CC2 to start up with out asking questions, I have it starting automatically here at the office, but not at home. Honestly, I did not keep track of what I did when I set it up here, so will play with it and and come up with some possible solutions.

D

Deleted member 5426

By default, the CFA635 should be powering on the fans when it boots up. You may have set the boot state so that the fans are not powered up.

To fix this download 635WinTest:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/document/1034/635_WinTest_1_0.exe

Stop CC2, then run the WinTest application. Click on "Show Fans". Set the fan speeds where you would like them to power up at. If you would like, set up your boot screen as well. After you have the fans and screen set up, click on "Packet Debugger". Select command 4 - save current state from boot state from the drop down. Leave the data field (2) empty, and then click on "send data".

That should take care of the fan issue.

As far as getting CC2 to start up with out asking questions, I have it starting automatically here at the office, but not at home. Honestly, I did not keep track of what I did when I set it up here, so will play with it and and come up with some possible solutions.
Thank you for the help. It worked out and now the CPU fan starts with the PC boot up:)
Now, I need to make CC2 start with Win 7...:confused:
I hope you'll make my day again...
Thanks.

CF Mark

Administrator
Im looking into this at the moment.
Its a problem with CC2 requiring elevation (admin privileges) to operate.
Ive dropped the privileges, and am testing to make sure the lack of permissions doesnt effect how CC2 runs.

D

Deleted member 5426

Im looking into this at the moment.
Its a problem with CC2 requiring elevation (admin privileges) to operate.
Ive dropped the privileges, and am testing to make sure the lack of permissions doesnt effect how CC2 runs.
Okay, I'll keep my fingers crossed!:eek:

Tzser

I've figured out how to properly configure the app to autostart with windows. Even better, I was able to have the tray icon start up before login (just like the service option). The directions posted in this forum are incorrect...cc2_tray.exe is the app that should start with windows, not cc2_config.exe. If I have some time later, I'll start a new thread with pics and instructions on how I got it to work.