cc2 doesnt detect 635

jetjaguar

i had to reinstall windows today .. and i installed the usb drivers .. windows found the lcd .. did the 635 wintest .. it finds the 635 on com3 .. baud rate is at 11520 or wutever it is ..

go into cc2 .. add module .. all it has choices for is up to 634
no 635

before i formatted windows .. it worked fine .. i did everything the same .. any ideas ?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

jetjaguar said:
i had to reinstall windows today .. and i installed the usb drivers .. windows found the lcd .. did the 635 wintest .. it finds the 635 on com3 .. baud rate is at 11520 or wutever it is ..

go into cc2 .. add module .. all it has choices for is up to 634
no 635

before i formatted windows .. it worked fine .. i did everything the same .. any ideas ?
I`m going to take a wild stab in the dark here (blind anyway, lol). It sounds like you have a version of CC2 that was prior to the inclusion of the 635 module.

Now, the install goes like this....
make sure the module is not connected, install the current driver which is cf-usb-2154b.exe

2154b driver

then plug in the module and install the latest CC2 software

Latest CC2

Then set it up as normal, hope this helps. A full help manual should be included in the setup if any problems.

Reider

jetjaguar

just one more question .. when i try and change the screen and load some of the preloaded screens .. it wont change .. it just stays on the main screen ..

crystalfontz cfa-635
20x4 + keypad &

u know what screen that is right ??

i try restarting after i load the new screen and it doesnt change ??

jc634

Administrator
In the lower right half of the config screen, there is a check box titled "Alternate Enabled:". Check this box and you should be good to go.

Jim

reider

jetjaguar said:
just one more question .. when i try and change the screen and load some of the preloaded screens .. it wont change .. it just stays on the main screen ..

crystalfontz cfa-635
20x4 + keypad &

u know what screen that is right ??

i try restarting after i load the new screen and it doesnt change ??
I`m not quite with this question, you may need to give some more details. One thing to check though.....

Go to the CrystalControl2 folder that was installed in program files, check for an entry in the cc2_service file for something like this

dkc_disable=0

if yours says 1 then carefully change it to 0 then save it and restart cc2.

Does this help?

Reider

jetjaguar

tried that and still get nothing .. the screen will not update and change to the new screen i have selected.. still just shows the main screen ..

the crystalfontz cfa-635
etc ..

reider said:
I`m not quite with this question, you may need to give some more details. One thing to check though.....

Go to the CrystalControl2 folder that was installed in program files, check for an entry in the cc2_service file for something like this

dkc_disable=0

if yours says 1 then carefully change it to 0 then save it and restart cc2.

Does this help?

Reider

CF Mark

Administrator
The main screen being the 635 startup screen (the crystalfontz logo, and 635 information), or the first screen in the CrystalControl2 list?

Can you zip up the log files in the CrystalControl2 directory and attach them in here?

jetjaguar

CrystalControl Admin said:
The main screen being the 635 startup screen (the crystalfontz logo, and 635 information), or the first screen in the CrystalControl2 list?

Can you zip up the log files in the CrystalControl2 directory and attach them in here?
i will try .. never did it before ..

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
What version of windows are you running?

That com port name is very odd...

It makes me wonder if our USB com port detection code is doing something weird on your PC.

jetjaguar

CrystalControl Admin said:
What version of windows are you running?

That com port name is very odd...

It makes me wonder if our USB com port detection code is doing something weird on your PC.
i had it working before i had to reinstall windows .. after that it wont change screens no matter what .. if i run wintest i can scroll through all the characters ..

im running win xp pro sp2