CC2 Broke After W10-TH2 Upgrade

Madness

Here we go again! A few days after upgrading to the new Windows 10 1511 (TH2), CC2 broke. Basically, it no longer sees the comport of my 635, despite it still being shown in Device Manager (therefore, the drivers are working properly). So, I need to unplug & replug the USB cable to get the comport back (which will only last until the system is restarted). And it's not just CC2, the port isn't seen the CFTest, either. So, I guessing it has something to do w/ the W10 upgrade, rather than your software. I mean, up until recently, I was using the 3-25-15 beta version (w/ the system service); upgrading to the latest non-service beta made no difference. The attached picture shows the comport working in DM & the error popup I get in CC2 when go to reconfigure my 635. Any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

CF Mark

Administrator
Thats a bit of an odd problem...

In DM, try right-clicking on the 635 device and uninstall it, also select the delete driver checkbox.
Then unplug the 635, reboot Win10, when back and logged in, plug the 635 back in again.
Win10 will reinstall the driver. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Let us know how it goes.

Madness

Hi Mark, unfortunately, that didn't work. Should mention (now that I recall) that this also happened when I originally upgraded my system from W7 to the original W10 version. Only idea I had, at the time, was to do a system reset (which did fix it). But I'd hate to have to do that again.

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, it was worth a try.

Can you try this next?
- In the CC2 settings, disable/stop CC2 from starting with Windows.
- Reboot Windows.
- Double check the 735 is present in the DM.
- Run cfTest, check if it can detect the module. If so, try to use it.
- If not, close cfTest. Then re-run cfTest with the command line option of "/legacy-com" (this disables auto-detection and allows selection of COMx ports).
- Connect to the COMx port that the DM shows the 735 is using. Try to send the 735 some commands.

Madness

Nope, didn't work, either. After the reboot, w/ CFTest & your command-line switch, W10 pops up a box stating that it, "cannot open specified com port." Yet the 635 was shown in DM, on com3, the whole time. I did, however, make it work after, once again, cycling the connection to it.

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok.
We are trying to replicate the problem here on a couple of PCs.
We'll have updates for you soon (probably next week).

CF Mark

Administrator
A late update on this topic... we did perform testing on multiple updated Win10 PCs and were unable to replicate the problem.
We have also not had any reports of this problem effecting anyone else.
I also cannot find any mention of TH2 updates causing similar driver issues on MS support sites.

So there isn't much we can do about this for the moment.